Complaint Review: Explore Talent

• Updated: Thu, June 28, 2012

• Reported By: Marissa — Chicago Illinois United States of America
Explore Talent

Explore Talent is a scam! Don't trust them! Internet

My boyfriend is an aspiring actor and is very serious about getting back into the business (he was in a movie in 2006). He showed me this website and it looked okay to me at a first glance. He called and was told he needed to speak to a man named Edwin Edwards, which sounded like a fake name to me. When we got Edwin on the phone, he was an Indian man with one of the thickest accents I've ever heard, and I could barely understand a word he was saying. My boyfriend was told that a casting director wanted him for the new Brad Pitt movie and that he needed to pay to become pro. We sent in 2 dollars because I thought this was too good to be true and second of all, why would you need to pay to see info? Then we didn't hear anything from them for a few days. My boyfriend called them back and was told he wouldn't be able to do anything for 7 days and he informed them that's when his trial offer would be up so they told him he'd have to do it again (how convenient). They just emailed him back today (06/28/2012) and said that he had a lot of casting directors interested in him so he called them and was told he would have to pay 70 dollars to get any information from explore talent. They also told him that he had to get it done today. He called me and asked what I thought about it and I told him it sounded like a huge scam, and that's when I came on here and saw everything. Shut these people down! And don't spend any money before you get services .. keep your eyes open people!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2012 12:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Explore-Talent/internet/Explore-Talent-is-a-scam-Dont-trust-them-Internet-904185. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Explore Talent