Complaint Review: Explore Talent

• Updated: Mon, April 06, 2009

• Reported By:Windsor Locks Connecticut
Explore Talent
wwwexploretalent.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Explore Talent RIP OFF Beware DO NOT JOIN OR PAY A DIME I am lucky I know the business some now....they pray on hopefullys! They Are Nationwide

I think when both my daugthters were approched by a scout...I started looking at talent searches and registered my girls (THE FREE ONE) they always sent notices to upgrade to get submitted but I ignored them. Now that both my girls are with top modeling agencies in NYC and also with an incredible Commerical/TV agent (they have since been in Gap, DKNY, The Children's Place, and walked Mercedes Fashion week fall 2009, just to start to name a few) ...and my oldest has shot 4 commericals since she started in Spetember of 2008. I forgot about this the "explore talent" but got an email from them...and decided to update my oldest girls info (BUT STILL NOT UPGRADING)
Today I get a text with the following
Kids ClothingLine- casting for models 4-16 call 323-785-2000. Pay $500 per day PLUS travel to LA.
I called....just to see what the joke was. Of course the lady pulls up my daughters profile and ohh's ahhh and gave me all these compliments about how they will get booked all the time. So I asked her about this casting and how would we go to LA from the Northeast for an audition. She tells me that they will pay for our travel expensses and accomadations Plus my daughter will make $500 a day. ALL I NEED TO DO IS SIGN UP....and then she offers the BS of 12 month membership and how we would get business cards and thousands of amazing opportunities our agent woudln't be able to get for us.
After I declined she still tried to offer me the lower montly membership...NO thank you....I said if I am interested I will get back to you. After doing 2 seconds of research I am reading all these stories about poor people being suckered out of all their money from this "Explore talent" company. Maybe if you are a local in LA or NYC and don't have an agent or have been rejected by agencies it may work to get you a hair show for $100. But please....they are not offering any SAG jobs (which my daughter can only work SAG) and having had my girls work for DKNY, Gap, The Children's Place and many others...I can tell you there are extremely rare times that they will pay your transportation (escpecially across the country) for a random clothing line. If it sounds to good to be true...IT ALWAYS IS.... I am glad i wasn't fooled by them...so please don't let yourself be fooled either. I am going to delete my daughters profile from their site....it just seems like more harrasment than anything real.

Mom of 2 models
Windsor Locks, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2009 11:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Explore-Talent/nationwide/Explore-Talent-RIP-OFF-Beware-DO-NOT-JOIN-OR-PAY-A-DIME-I-am-lucky-I-know-the-business-som-441172. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Explore Talent