Complaint Review: Explore Talent

• Updated: Tue, November 24, 2009

• Reported By:san jose California
Explore Talent
ExploreTalent.com Nationwide U.S.A.

ExploreTalent.com I believe that Explore Talent is a Scam! San Francisco California

*Consumer Comment: EXPLORE TALENT=SCAM O'RAMA!

I was interested in participating for the "Eclipse" movie so I signed on to acting411.blogspot.com for more infos, that's how I discovered Explore Talent.

So I signed up because it was suppose to be free. Then after I created my profile it asked for my credit card or payment info so I "X" out. About a week later I got a call by a guy name Grag from Explore Talent telling me that there are a lot of roles fitting my profile but I need complete signing up w/ them and I would only have to pay $199.50 per year for their service. I asked him if this is an agentcy why do I have to pay especially since I haven't gotten any auditions or cast calls yet. He said that they don't take percentage from any job that I get through them just a yearly fee to maintain my profile, photo and resume on their website and they would refer me to cast directors. I told him that I was very busy at the moment and if there's a call back # that I could reach him at which he did provide.

Long story short, I signed up w/ them. I've emailed to so many cast directors through their websit and have not gotten any replys. I do however recieved modeling/promos/brand ambassador emails through Explore Talent. But it was a referral to some other talent or modeling agentcies.

I do fine that it's very odd that on Explore Talent, there's no phone #, email address or return addresses on the Casting Calls.

Now after reading Ripoff Reports about Explore Talent I'm planning to do some more research on Explore Talent and make some phone calls. I wonder if we can sue these guys. If anyone is planning to please let me know!

Tami
san jose, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2009 10:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Explore-Talent/nationwide/ExploreTalentcom-I-believe-that-Explore-Talent-is-a-Scam-San-Francisco-California-462815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Explore Talent

EXPLORE TALENT=SCAM O'RAMA!

AUTHOR: Markvi - (U.S.A.)

Explore Talent is a proven SCAM! Go look them up on  Better  Business  Bureau ! They STEAL castings from FREE sites like Mandy and Craigslist and charges money. They also steal from LEGIT sites like ActorsAccess.com  Respected Casting Director, Industry Expert, and Author, Bonnie Gillespie (http://more.showfax.com/columns/avoice/) has said how her castings  that she ONLY posted on ACTORSACCESS.COM have mysteriously ended up on Explore Talent with the dates and some info changed around. GO AND EMAIL HER IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME!  Explore Talent also MISLEADS! They entice people with bogus links such as:  http://disney-channel-auditions.com  Some kid thinking he or she will get Disney Channel Auditions will end up at Explore Talent and not see any Disney Channel Auditions.  Explore Talent has been around for 5 years. In EVERY Acting Reference/Business Book written no earlier than 5 years and even in the books written or edited in 2008/2009, there is NO mention of Explore Talent!  Let's reference some of the Top Acting Business Books out there:  In Acting is Everything: Gold Edition by Judy Kerr, she mentions LA Casting, Actors Access, and NowCasting.  In How to Be a Working Actor:5th Edition by Mari Lyn Henry, Lynne Rogers, and Joe Mantegna, LA Casting, Actors Access, and NowCasting.  In Making it in Hollywood by Scott Sedita, LA Casting, Actors Access, and NowCasting.  WHERE ARE YOU EXPLORE TALENT?