retired

• Submitted: Thu, February 02, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, February 02, 2006

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Express Car Care Service
7929 Long Point Rd Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Express Car Care Service fast oil change done wrong ruined my engine will not pay to fix ripoff Houston Texas

Own a 2004 Mazda 6I. Express Car Care did the regular oil change on 7-23-05. on Saturday 8-27-05 I heard a noise in my engine. My husband checked the oil and no oil on dipstick.

I immediately went back to Express Car Care. I asked why no oil on dipstick. Was told I must have a leak. They changed the oil again. The engine cover was full of oil. They put the cover in trunk so I could see where the leak was. I asked what was the noise, we do not know. My husband said it was a rod knocking.

Monday August 29 i take the car to Jeff Haas Mazda to get fixed. They report internal engine damage due to oil starvation. They claim whoever did last oil change is responsible as there is evidence of oil on the underside of car. There is no leak to be found anywhere.

Express Car Care will not pay to have it fixed. They claim they did nothing wrong. Their best offer thus far has been I pay them $5250 and they will fix it. Mazda quoted me $10,500.

Robin
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2006 08:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Express-Car-Care-Service/Houston-Texas-77055/Express-Car-Care-Service-fast-oil-change-done-wrong-ruined-my-engine-will-not-pay-to-fix-r-174399. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Express Car Care Service