Complaint Review: Express Care Valvoline- Magic Lube 3 #0001

• Updated: Thu, September 12, 2013

• Reported By: Customer1 — Detroit Michigan
Express Care Valvoline- Magic Lube 3 #0001
14050 Gratiot Avenue Detroit, Michigan USA

Express Care Valvoline- Magic Lube 3 #0001 Bobby ,supervisor, Man who serviced me , didn't give me his name,  Overcharged, Targeting women, Shady, Poor customer service Detroit Michigan

*Author of original report: Response to: Tyg - ()

*General Comment: Prices change...

On, 9/12/13 at 4:52 pm, I went in for an oil change. I was overcharged for something that I was never charged extra for: an oil filter. When I questioned the man (dark skinned, about 5'6" and about 40 yrs old) about it, he and his other coworker (hispanic, about 5'4," light skinned male between the ages of 30-40) stated: "This is what we always charge" I then said, "The sign outside said $17.99 why is this $27?" To which he replied, "we always charge that and it's automatic that it's extra for an oil filter on every vehicle" I responded, "Well, I always come here and it's never been the case" so I asked for the manager (Bobby), the guy said "ok well just give me $20 then but just know next time when you come here that's not how we do things and we don't need all this we got other cars coming."

This is shady business.  I am not sure if every location is this way, but this particular location seems to have some very questionable looking employees working there. [continued below]....

.....  Additionally, when I wast talking to the supervisor the employee told me to shut up. I was never yelling nor raising my voice at this person.

The employee who serviced me and whom I was discussing the overage with seemed annoyed that I was questioning him.  He also seemed very arrogant and treated me like I was now welcome there since I didn't just allow him to rip me off.

I also had to ask this person for a receipt.  The receipt has the wrong charges listed, if you would like a copy I will be more than happy to provide a copy.  It also states at the bottom on the checklist that I was supposed to have these things done which were not done during this service because I was rushed out of the place: vacuum, tire press and windows washed.

Lastly,  I had to tell the person to make sure that he puts enough washer fluid in my car because during the last service at this location, I didn't get any at all so I ran out.  I have had to have the people at this location also put the correct amount of air in my tires after returning back because it was never done.

I will not be returning and also reporting all of this to other sites included the BBB.

I may be reached by email: a (((REDACTED))) @aol.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2013 03:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Express-Care-Valvoline-Magic-Lube-3-0001/Detroit-Michigan-48205/Express-Care-Valvoline-Magic-Lube-3-0001-Bobby-supervisor-Man-who-serviced-me-didn-1084041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Express Care Valvoline- Magic Lube 3 #0001

Response to: Tyg - ()

AUTHOR: Customer1 - ()

Tyg- ()

Sounds like you're an employee there since you've taken what I've said both personally and you made a hidden threat saying: "You do realize that they know EXACTLY who you are. Exactly where you live. Right???" At which case you might not want to do that :-)

Also, I didn't scam them if their price says one thing on the outside and then when you get there they charge you extra for something without my knowledge.  Then when I questioned it in a nice way I should remind you, they tell me the correct price.

Lastly, I wasn't bullying anyone if anything the hostility in your post is bullying me which if you are an employee (which it is clearly obvious that you are) it's very unprofessional and criminal of you to take on this type of behavior on a public site which can be be investigated by the authorities.

Take care.

#2 General Comment

Prices change...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

In the PAST when you went there, they didnt charge you for your oil filter. NOW they have to. You self entitled twit!!!! Prices and policies change. So basically you ripped THEM off and then have the nerve to post negativly about them. I certainly hope your mother is so very proud of you. You have become one of the millions of scammers out there. YOU scammed THEM!!!

I can also tell that you have a very bad reading problem or you would have seen the little asterix right by the price. If you went to the bottom of the sign, it will give you the makes and models that the price applys too. Also since prices change, you must be some wrinkled ole prunebag who doesnt accept change very well. Because NOT only did you rip them off, you insulted them and then posted about it. Now youre a cyber bully too.

In any business ever since the economic shrink that America had to endure, companies NO LONGER do stuff "for free". You are expecting a level of service that no company chooses to just "give away". Now you have to pay for it. See thats the difference, thats a great explaination of the universe we live in. Its linear. Which means that events happen one at a time and not all at once. So in the past they gave you a free oil filter, and NOW you have to pay for it. Following along with basic physics so far? Good.

You might want to apologize to those poor workers if anything. Because your self entitled attitude probably cost one of those guys money off thier paycheck. But its all on you. If you can sleep at night knowing that not only did you screw over a business but the workers as well, then more power to you. But I might point out your SHEER STUPIDITY in not only making such a negative post but in showing your ass as I am sure you did.

faced