Complaint Review: Express Check Advance Of VA

• Submitted: Sun, June 29, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, June 29, 2008

• Reported By:Hampton Virginia
Express Check Advance Of VA
11o6 West Mercury Blvd Hampton, Virginia U.S.A.

Express Check Advance Of VA Auto Title Loan Deception Hampton Virginia

I entered into an Auto Title Loan with them on my 95 Lincoln Towncar for the amount of $2,500. The female customer rep, at that time, indicated to me my payments would be $106.per month. I thought that was very low and figured that I would probably be paying mostly interest at that rate and end up paying a whole lot in the end. I asked if I wanted to double or even triple my payments to pay it off early and she said of course. She said they encourage that so as not to incur a long loan.

To make a long story short, I made my first monthly payment the following month as required to the same customer rep. The second month, I was given a phone call reminder by another female customer rep. and after some small talk about what time I would be in, she asked how much would I be paying when I came in. I answered that I was bringing $106.00 0r maybe $150.00.

She stated that my monthly payments were $500.00 per month and that I would be short. After discussion she said although $500. is not written as a monthly payment in the contract, it figures out to be that much according to the 204% APR or .056% per day rate. and I should have calculated that out before taking the loan.

I was devastated and felt deceived because I never heard of a contract that doesn't plainly print out the monthly payment. Bottom line is that I'm stuck with a loan that adds $450.00 interest per month to the balance amount. Last I checked,after paying four 106.00 payments, my bal owed was about $3,700 and my car was retrieved during the night.

Gregory
Hampton, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2008 07:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Express-Check-Advance-Of-VA/Hampton-Virginia-23666/Express-Check-Advance-Of-VA-Auto-Title-Loan-Deception-Hampton-Virginia-345665. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Express Check Advance Of VA