Complaint Review: Express Employment Professionals

• Reported By: JB — Austin Texas United States of America
Express Employment Professionals
7940 Shoal Creek, Suite 205,Austin TX 78757 Internet United States of America

Express Employment Professionals Age Discrimination , Internet

I applied for an administrative assistant position with this company. This job was posted on their website. The description given was within my skills, and it said, "We will train this person."  This was referring to one of the duties, QuickBooks. I just graduated from that program. Now I thought this is just what I am looking for. I took several tests online at home for the agency passing at 80% and above for all tests. I was told that one has to pass at 80% and above to be eligible for any position. The next day I was contacted by the representative and she told me that the position requires a 4 year degree. I only have certificates. In the job description there is nothing said about a degree as a qualification. Later on in the day I called the agency and asked to speak to the manager. I told her of the issue.  She said the ad would be updated that day-11/16/12.  Now it is the 18th and there is no update to the ad. It is very obvious to me that this is clearly age discrimination. I am keeping the ad in case a lawyer wants to contact me about this issue.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2012 03:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Express-Employment-Professionals/internet/Express-Employment-Professionals-Age-Discrimination-Internet-971044. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Express Employment Professionals