Complaint Review: Express Financial Institute

• Web:
  • Category: Loans

Express Financial Institute small business loan Ripoff Maple Ontario

*Author of original report: Express Financial Institue

In the first couple of weeks of December my wife and I decided to try and get a small loan to try and expand our business out of our home. So, I filled out and application on the net. A week later I recieved a phone call from a Tanya Edwards saying that my loan had been approved but, they could not give me the loan for the small amount of $3000 that I had asked for, but could give me one for $7000. I was excited cause then we could expand a little more than we had planned. All I had to do according to Tanya was to fill out the contract that she would fax to us and send it back. So, I did along with a $1,030.40 for the insurance. After that Tanya said it would be our account in 24 hours. The next day we checked and no money. When I called back to speak to her I was connected with a Angela who said she was the manager. Angela said we had to have a down payment of $695 and could not understand why we were not told about this. So, again we borrowed the money from my grand parents. Angela said that she would like to get us the money before Christmas cause the office would be closed for a week due to the holidays. So the next day we checked the account and still nothing. So when I called Angela back again this time getting very angry and then she told me that we had to have a $400 closing cost. My wife then got on the phone with Anglea and asked her why she didn't say anything about this before and Angelas response was 'I thought you knew' Well I couldn't go and ask my grandparents for the money cause i had already borrrowed $1698.40 from them. So my wife told her that she borrowed the $400 from her boss in exchange for a check that would be held for a couple of days to give Angela time to get the money in the account. When my wife called Angela back she told her that she $600 in bad checks because of this.She also told Angela that if we had that kind of money that we would have never tried to get a loan in the first place. Angela then said that the company would cover the checks that were bad on top of what we were getting, until we recieved the money. So being the holidays, Angela said that they would go pick up the final $400 and wire the money to our account. This was the friday before Christmas and Angela said they would be closed for a week, or until the 2nd or 3rd of January. So on the 2nd I tried to call the company as I had tried all week in case someone was there, and I got a recording saying 'Your Universal Account had been temporaily placed on hold. Thank you and good bye'. So I tried again on the 3rd and got the same recording. My wife statred looking for something on the net and came across this web site and got to reading about how another person was ripped off by the same company. I called to find out if the $400 Western union had been picked up and if it has not then I am going to go get it back before they do.

John
Cozad, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2007 09:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Express-Financial-Institute/Maple-Ontario/Express-Financial-Institute-small-business-loan-Ripoff-Maple-Ontario-228448. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Express Financial Institute

Express Financial Institue

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Also there is another phone number on the contract that is a 800 number that blocks you from getting a hold of them.