Complaint Review: Express Marble & Granite, LLC

• Updated: Wed, July 03, 2013

• Reported By: Howard — Scottsdale Arizona
Express Marble & Granite, LLC
835 W 22nd Street #105 Tempe, Arizona USA

Express Marble & Granite, LLC AKA Glen Do you want the Police called on you, for trying to contact the company, 8 times, to come back and fix there work? Tempe Arizona

*Author of original report: Retraction and Exonerating Express Marble and Granite

This company is horribly dishonest, does not stand behind their service or products and when a problem arises they refuse to answer emails or calls and then called the police on me. Saying I was harassing them. All because I was trying to get them to call me back or come to fix their horrible installation. They installed a granite countertop, in my back yard. They first were short on product and never returned to finish install. Plus, when they installed the counter top they did not put any reinforcements in place to hold its strengths and long edge overhang. Plus, they changed the scope of the job without talking to me prior, by putting a giant seam down the middle of the granite. It looked horrible and was left unfinished. Not even two months went by, when the granite started breaking from the seam in the middle and crumbling on the edges. I first tried to call them and got no response from Glen (the owner) or Art. Then I emailed both of them, from the emails listed on their website, I got no response. Then I called again two weeks later and Art answered and said he never got an email and the email address on the website is a bad email. He said he will have Glen call me today. 2 weeks went by and still no call from Glen. I called Glen's cell phone and never got a return call back. I called the office and Art answered and said, he is so sorry, but Glen is very busy and will get back to you soon. Then another 2 weeks go by and no response. So a total of two months go by of 3 unanswered emails and 4 unanswered calls. So I file an ROC inspection on them and within one day, Glen calls me and gets mad at me, saying I thought we were friends why would you try to hurt my business like that. He gives 4 excuses for no response and says he will be by tomorrow to look at. No call and no show the next day. I call him again and he says will be their tomorrow. He then, shows up and first says, we told you this granite cannot go outside. 1. that is a complete lie, as I would have never bought a product that would not go outside and break so quickly. 2. We switched products at the beginning, because of this problem, so I would have no problem selecting something else that worked, but they told me this one was fine. He then starts blaming the granite company and said they should have told me. After all the lying and run around he says, please close the complaint and I promise I will take care of this. So I stupidly did and of course it was more lies, no return phone calls, excuses saying he is waiting on Granite Company, etc... I wait another 3 months (total of 5) and he comes up with another excuse and not returning phone calls. I even gave him two more chances and say if you do not take care of this, I will go to BBB, News on your side, ROC, etc... He never responded to either messages. Bottom line, I had this replaced by someone else recently, because of how horribly it looked completely falling off now. Plus, the hazard and actually cut myself badly as well as a friend. He won’t return phone calls. Won’t send me or the other contractor money. Overall, I would not use this company, because if something goes wrong you are in big trouble . Plus, they have horrible installation practices and cut corners. They are lying, scam artist and pray that you won’t do something, as that is only way they are slightly held accountable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2013 10:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Express-Marble-Granite-LLC-/Tempe-Arizona-85282/Express-Marble-Granite-LLC-AKA-Glen-Do-you-want-the-Police-called-on-you-for-trying-1064146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Express Marble & Granite, LLC

Retraction and Exonerating Express Marble and Granite

AUTHOR: Howard - ()

I quickly jumped the gun on my previous report, as I learned that my comments and report were made towards the wrong company. It seems that Express Marble and Granite did nothing wrong here. It seems that it was fully the manufactures fault and they are responsible for my issues and problems. They supposedly gave me defective material and product that could not be used outside, even though they said it could.

Express Marble and Granite are a good company and should not be held responsible for another companies actions. If you are reading the prior article, please disregard it and ignore the comments about Express Marble and Granite. All comments should be thought of as directed to manufacture and not Express Marble and Granite.