Complaint Review: Express Oil Change - Tune-Up Clinic

• Submitted: Sat, September 03, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, September 05, 2005

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
Express Oil Change - Tune-Up Clinic
5722 Peachtree Industrial Blvd. Chamblee, Georgia U.S.A.

Express Oil Change - Tune-Up Clinic Damaged vehicle during routine oil change and refused to take responsibility for it RIPOFF Chamblee Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Way to go Krista

*Consumer Comment: Your not the only one

*Consumer Comment: Fine

*UPDATE Employee: Thanx for the support

*Consumer Comment: Could you explain something please?

DO NOT GO TO EXPRESS OIL / TUNE UP CLINIC on Peachtree Industrial Blvd in Chamblee, Georgia. They were negligent in performing routine oil change, causing rear diff. to drain completely and costing us $1,000 in towing, parts, and service. They did not care, accepted no responsibility for it, and backed untruthful employee and legal rep in order to avoid obligation. A small claims court judge said we couldn't prove our case; however, if all info had been seen and understood, and if defendant's employee hadn't lied, and if defendant's legal representative had scruples, decision could have gone in our favor. We had no legal representation and no clout; they used theirs to squash the little person. All we wanted was our cost of repairs and court costs reimbursed.

This is a franchise location and post is not meant to sully all Express Oil Change locations.

We were long time customers.

Company has lost more in business and goodwill than paying this small, legitimate claim would ever have cost them.

Mary Jane
Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2005 01:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Express-Oil-Change-Tune-Up-Clinic/Chamblee-Georgia-30341/Express-Oil-Change-Tune-Up-Clinic-Damaged-vehicle-during-routine-oil-change-and-refused-155909. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Express Oil Change - Tune-Up Clinic

Way to go Krista

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You say I'm a jerk and then you agree with what I said. I guess that makes you a jerk too. Welcome to the club.

Your not the only one

AUTHOR: Krista - (U.S.A.)

Don't listen to Robert. I read a lot of these claims just out of curiosity and he responds a lot of crap to a lot of people just to stir things and to be a jerk.

I'll never go to an express oil change again. I used to be a faithful customer but after one time having a fairly large scratch on the side of my car that was NOT there beforehand, I got upset and won't go back. Not to mention every time I went I'd have to specifically ask them not to smoke around my car. And yes, they smoked while working.

I don't know if you have a case or not but if they check the level of any fluid while doing a routine oil change and find one that is low or doesn't look right it IS their responsibility to bring it to your attention and let you decide what to do. IF you choose not to do anything at that point and it gets worse, then I would say it's not their responsibility.

Fine

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Then how about explaining how and why the shop is responsible for your differential oil being gone. The differential is not part of a "routine" oil change, other than to check it's level. Why do you believe they are responsible?

Thanx for the support

AUTHOR: Atlanta - (U.S.A.)

I was in court and heard every word the judge said. You were not and did not. We are not ignorant. We know what happened, and why.

Could you explain something please?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

What does your differential fluid have to do with a "routine" oil change? A typical oil change service includes draining and refilling the crankcase, changing the filter, checking the other fluids and air filter, and wiper blades. The fastest way to check the level of the differential fluid is to see if the seals are leaking. If they are dry, they don't leak. If they don't leak, the fluid is still there. If they are wet, there is a leak. If the customer refuses to repair the problem, that is not the fault of the repair facility. If you have no fluid in the differential, then it your responsibilty. No shop is going to give you gear oil for free. If you choose not to pay for the refill and/or repair, you will get neither. This is why the Judge told you you had no case.