Complaint Review: Express Scripts, Humana

• Updated: Fri, June 20, 2014

• Reported By: Beverly — Lexington Kentucky
Express Scripts, Humana
North Hanley, St. Louis, MO 63134 St. Louis, Missouri USA

Express Scripts, Humana Choice Care, QualCare-New Jersey, GHI Network Access-New York, Kentucky Humana Paying Full Price for Medicine NOT Requested, NOT paid for by insurance, Money deducted from debit card on File, Patient not Notified of Medication Change, Patient allergic to Medication St. Louis Missouri

I called Express Scripts (Humana) to order Levoxyl medication I have to take one a day. I registered online. I called to give change my debt card number over the phone and asked that it be noted that I cannot take generics; brand medication only.

Today in the mail I received Synthroid, 90 day supply. It contains Lactose and dyes which I am probably also allergic to. I was told that it is the same as Levoxyl accept for some dyes and fillers. I was asked after the fact..Tell me what you are allergic to and I will make a note of it. I have been on the phone today for over three (3 Hours).

First called, I talked to Darryl, who transferred me to Sarah, who transferred me to Kaskinsha. The conclusion is Synthroid is a generic, my doctor ordered it, Levoxyl is not available, they did not have to call me, do not know why my insurance did not pay for the medicine, it is not their job to contact the insurance company, I need to contact the insurance company and they are not taking the medicine back.

Second call, Halicia answered at 5 PM. She half way listen to the facts and put me on hold for 19 minutes. She came back and put me on hold again until 5:30 PM. Then she transferred me to Judy who says, Synthroid is a brand with similar ingredients to Levoxyl. She put me on hold again until 5:37 PM. Stephanie, a supervisor, picked up the phone. They can only refund me $35.00 which has to be used toward the next order of medication. I informed Stephanie that there would never be a "next order" and after December 2013, Humana would not  be my insurance carrier.

Called number three,  Humana at 7 PM, transferred to the wrong line-medicare/medicaid line; after  holding until 7:43 PM. I was informed that I need to get my doctor to request Humana to override and allow me to get another medication. I was told to call 1-800-448-6262.  It is now 7:50 PM by the time I listen to the menu, they are closed for today.be my insurance company.

Synthroid is not on my insurance company's approved list and no one bothered to find out before filling the prescription. NO one told me I would be paying for the total cost of the medication. Although, Humana did not pay for the medicine, they have blocked my local pharmacy from allowing me to get another medication.   I called my local pharmacy, who said that I am blocked until October 1, 2013.  90 useless pills;  I need to take one a day.  No one can tell me what to do in the meantime.

Tomorrow, August 20, 2013, I will start talking to my doctor's office and seeking information on other insurance companies for 2014.  The person who takes care of the prMy debit card number was supposed to have been removed today. Since I requested Levoxyl, brand, I will ask the bank to refund the $65.87 to my account. I have already place a small note asking my facebook friends to beware of Express Scripts and Humana.

In conclusion, it seems to me if the patient is the user and paying for the a service,,at some point in time the patient needs to be contacted when changes are made. Some people are still getting Levoxyl prescriptions filled.

I will probably send my prescription to Germany or Canada to be refilled. So much for made in the USA.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2013 07:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Express-Scripts-Humana/St-Louis-Missouri-63134/Express-Scripts-Humana-Choice-Care-QualCare-New-Jersey-GHI-Network-Access-New-York-Ke-1077225. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Express Scripts, Humana