Complaint Review: Express Scripts, Inc.

• Submitted: Sun, February 19, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, February 21, 2012

• Reported By: Michael — Nicholasville Kentucky U.S.A.
Express Scripts, Inc.
P.O. Box 66583 St Louis, Missouri United States of America

Express Scripts, Inc. Fails to fill lifesaving medications in a timely manner St Louis, Missouri

*Author of original report: Good Idea

*Consumer Comment: File a complaint with the FTC

*Author of original report: I did that

*General Comment: Advice

My health insurance uses Express Scripts as their pharmacy manager. I take medication for HIV and cannot skip doses because the chance for resistance is too great. The HIV meds have to be ordered from Curascript, an Express Scripts company. In January while I still had plenty of medicine I ordered a 3 month supply of Viramune. On their website they had the status as they were contacting my Dr. finally the status said they couldn't get a hold of my Dr. At this point I called my Dr. and they sent in the fax for the order. I called their customer service and they flat out lied saying the prescription would be shipped within the next week. Forward to last week I called as I am getting dangerously low on medication and they said they never received a fax from the Dr. I called my Dr. once again and the lady in my Dr's office was very helpful and volunteered to call Curascript for me and see what was going on. They actually lied to her saying they just received a fax a day ago she went ahead and made the order once again! Now I am less than a week from running out of HIV medicine and I am sure at the earliest it will be shipped Monday, so I am going to have to go to my local pharmacy and get an override from my insurance company just so I can have enough medicine to get by until my prescription finally arrives. Express Scripts is incompetent and I seriously wonder how many deaths they have been responsible for because they don't seem to care at all if people get lifesaving medication, I really have no clue how their employees sleep at might working for such a dirty company!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2012 11:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Express-Scripts-Inc/St-Louis-Missouri-63166/Express-Scripts-Inc-Fails-to-fill-lifesaving-medications-in-a-timely-manner-St-Louis-M-841732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Express Scripts, Inc.

Good Idea

AUTHOR: Michael - (USA)

Voiceofreason, I will do that it is good advice and hopefully enough complaints will help the FTC make up their mind!

File a complaint with the FTC

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

The Federal Trade Commision is still mulling whether to allow this disgusting company to buy a main competitor, Medco, which would give ES a stranglehold on prescriptions. All the complaints they get, like this one, might help make the decision for them.

I did that

AUTHOR: Michael - (USA)

I did complain to my insurance company, but you should know as well as I do that does no good. Unless of course you are one of the 1%, and have the luxury of just picking a different insurance company, your rebuttal is of no help at all.

#4 General Comment

Advice

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

Voice your complaint to your insurance company that decided to use Express Scripts.