Complaint Review: Express Telephone Services

• Submitted: Sat, February 11, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, February 11, 2006

• Reported By:Bedford Texas
Express Telephone Services
P.O. BOX 917002 Haltom City, Texas U.S.A.

Express Telephone Services RIP OFF, TURN YOU OFF AND THEN REPORT TO CREDIT BUREAU Haltom City Texas

I received service with Express Telephone Services in 2002 because I had just moved into a new place and decided to try what I thought was a better deal than SBC. Wrong! My first bill, I was charged way more than they had advertized but I was told that there were certain start up fees. They took a long time to turn on my service and then ended up turning my service off after I made payment arrangements with one of the telephoen agents. Keep in mind, Express Telephone Services is a CLEC or one of those pre-paid phone companies that claims "No Deposit", "No Credit Check" "No I.D.".

Yet three four years later when I pull a copy of my credit report, there they are in black and white claiming that I owe $148.00. I am very angry and concerned and cannot find a way to contact these people for an explanation. I didnt know that a company could report you to to the credit bureau when you never allowed them to check your credit in the first place. Could someone advise?!

Alicia
Bedford, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2006 10:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Express-Telephone-Services/Haltom-City-Texas/Express-Telephone-Services-RIP-OFF-TURN-YOU-OFF-AND-THEN-REPORT-TO-CREDIT-BUREAU-Haltom-C-175874. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Express Telephone Services