Complaint Review: ExpressPaint

• Updated: Thu, July 25, 2013

• Reported By: George — Greensboro North Carolina
ExpressPaint
Internet USA

ExpressPaint Express PaintExpress paint.com Bad customer service on faulty paint Internet

*Author of original report: All good

*Author of original report: I may expect too much, but

*General Comment: Well Sir...

Back in January I ordered some paint for my wife's car. I'm a busy guy and I didn't get around to using it until about April. I ordered a copper color paint, but what came out was pure black!

After which, again being a busy person, I contacted them recently in July to inform them about their bad batch and ask for them to send me the correct color.   I got their sorry sir but our policy is 30 days generic type of response. Policies are just that....polices. If you are running a reputable business, you honor a reputable issue regardless of your policy. Paint doesn't turn black after 30 days.

I know I don't have solid ground to stand on with my complaint, due to their policy, but it irritated me enough to at least right some bad reviews to inform others about their poor customer service and fin fact their bad paint batches.

George

greensboro, nc

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2013 04:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ExpressPaint/internet/ExpressPaint-Express-PaintExpress-paintcom-Bad-customer-service-on-faulty-paint-Internet-1070129. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ExpressPaint

All good

AUTHOR: George - ()

I'm pleased to write thet expresspaint came through and made right on my issue although they had every policy/legal right not to do so.

It may be that my initial writing here motivated them to go an extra mile or they just needed some time to think what the best action is. Regardless, I am pleased that they have corrected my issue and I would say that their business is a legitimate, ethical and I would even recommend them.

George f>

I may expect too much, but

AUTHOR: George - ()

Hello,

Yes, it may seem that I expect too much and like I said, I have no solid case here. I acknowledge that they are not the only party to take on the blame here. However, they are not just a reseller, they are the manufacturer.  When you order a custom mix color and they even mark the product with the color code I ordered (brown) and it tuns out to be pure black....something is wrong and it doesn't have to do with shelf life.  The point I'm making is that their lack of attempt to make right what is undispiutibly a mistake on their part is what I'm categorizing as poor customer service.  Make an attempt for Pete's sake.   Good customers are hard to come by, and retaining a current customer is a good business decision as new customers are harder/more costly to attract.

George

#3 General Comment

Well Sir...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

I have to say im impressed with your post. YOU ADMIT YOUR PART!!! That is hardly ever seen on this site. Youre right, after 30days there isnt much they will do. And we as consumers have no one to blame but ourselves. WE DID THIS TO OUR SELVES!!! Maybe not you or I , but the general consumer has scammed, and lied, and pulled BS that companies no long wish to assist past what they are legally obligated to do. Im sure you have "policies" in your life that you dont break. They have the same problem.

You do realize that how something is stored will effect its shelf life. Im not accusing you put you have to look at the whole picture. Youre mad because a full 6 months after you made a purchase you are making a demand for full satisfaction. Once the item was shipped and put into your hands, you had roughly a 14 day window to get what you asked for. Now 6 months later youre getting steamed at the fact that they wont give you what you want.Dont you see how funny that is?? probably not. The very same behavour that caused companies to do this is what your demonstrating.

Listen its not right and life isnt always fair. You cant expect them to do more for you then you would do for someone else. They have a business to run, and as such they have to follow the policies or they get fired. How would you sleep at night knowing that you cost ppl thier job because "you were so very busy"? Get over it and contact the manufacturer of the product. NOT THE SELLER!! Manufacturer warrenties are a bit easier to redeem.

I would say your post is on the mark for the bad paint but WAY off the mark when it comes to thier customer service. Just because they did not GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT is no reason to bad mouth them.