Complaint Review: Extra Move - Smart Way Moving - Union Moving

• Submitted: Thu, September 08, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, September 08, 2005

• Reported By:North Attleboro Massachusetts
Extra Move - Smart Way Moving - Union Moving
286A 16th Street Suite 1A Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

Extra Move - Smart Way Moving - Union Moving ripoff, budget rental truck, extra boxes and tape, intimidating drivers, begging for gratuites, $1049 estimate but $4000 required payment, items being held hostage Brooklyn New York

Union Moving of Detroit, MI quoted me $1049 to move my items (three rooms/29 boxes/3 TV's) from Massachusetts to Florida. They charged by card $349 deposit and told me that movers would call to arrange the move the day prior. I did not hear from them, so I called repeatedly, of course no answer, so I began suspicious. Finally, a man named "Jake" from the "moving company" called the night before to confirm the time.

The movers showed up late, and immediately began pressuring me for tips. They boxed items that should not have been boxed in order to take up space, they loaded the truck, and came in and told me it would be $4000! They insisted on $2100 cash, but of course I didn't have that, so I was forced into writing a check. I was furious, nervous and in tears. They were very intimading and since I was there alone, I was very nervous. Of course, I began calling and emailing Union moving and still haven't heard back from them.

Of course I have cancelled payment on the check and the credit card because I can't be sure I'll ever get my items. Now I have "jake" from Extra move calling me to tell me he is auctioning off my materials. Even when I ask him for an address to send payment (which I am not), he will not give me his address nor will he tell me where my items are. I figure the items on the truck total about $6000 in merchandise. At this point, I just want this man to be out of business. I am willing to sue him to ensure it happens. I am sure my items are gone.

Karyn
North Attleboro, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2005 08:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Extra-Move-Smart-Way-Moving-Union-Moving/Brooklyn-New-York-11215/Extra-Move-Smart-Way-Moving-Union-Moving-ripoff-budget-rental-truck-extra-boxes-and-156362. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Extra Move - Smart Way Moving - Union Moving