Complaint Review: Extra Space storage

• Updated: Fri, December 02, 2011

• Reported By: rosemary — JACKSONVILLE Florida United States of America
Extra Space storage
2100 State Road 7 fort lauderdale, Florida United States of America

Extra Space storage management refuses Broward county court order to release items wrongfully withheld fort lauderdale, Florida

On December 1, 2011 after going to court several different times over the last 6 months, a judge issued me an Order of Replevin for me to obtain my belongings that are being wrongfully withheld by a party other than I at Extra Space Storage.

I am not on the contract for the unit holding my belongings at Extra Space Storage so the manager refused to recognize the court order and release my belongings to me.

The storage manager said the judge had no right to get involved in his business matters that their is an outstanding balance on the unit. He added that if I come on his property he will have me arrested for trespassing.

Officers were dispatched to the property to 'keep the peace' during the discussion with the manager the officers received another call and abruptly left the property leaving us with the manager who soon thereafter closed the business and left the property.

My opinion is that he needs to abide by the court order and release my belongings and then follow up with the person who signed the contract in order to retrieve his money. Any suggestions or legal actions as to what I can do to retrieve my belongings when their is a current court order to release my items.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2011 09:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Extra-Space-storage/fort-lauderdale-Florida-33023/Extra-Space-storage-management-refuses-Broward-county-court-order-to-release-items-wrongf-804406. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Extra Space storage