Complaint Review: Extreme Auto Care

• Submitted: Tue, April 28, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, April 28, 2009

• Reported By:Benton Illinois
Extreme Auto Care
210 W. Main Street Benton, Illinois U.S.A.

Extreme Auto Care Extreme Auto Care ripped me off for over $500 Benton Illinois

In October 2008 I took my car to Extreme Auto Care to get some work done because the steering was getting loose. The owner, Joe Rock, told me the car needed all 4 new struts and it would cost $1120 for all four struts to be bought and installed, that's $280 for each one.

I'm a senior citizen on a fixed income so I had to save for a while, it took me 4 months to save up the money. In March of 2009 I had the money saved up so I brought the car in to have the work done. I got the car back a few days later and it drove a lot better and the steering was tighter.

Last week I was in Tennessee and had a bearing go out so I took my car to a local mechanic near Knoxville. I told him I had just had all four new struts and he put the car on a lift and showed me that the struts were not new. They were the same original OEM struts that came on the car when it was new in 2001. What he did was replace a tie rod end on the right side of the car and charged me $1120 for it.

This man is a crook and needs to be shut down for good! He preys on the elderly and has done so for years from what the local police told me. However they say it's a civil matter and they won't do anything about him.

Benton Senior
Benton, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2009 02:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Extreme-Auto-Care/Benton-Illinois-62812/Extreme-Auto-Care-Extreme-Auto-Care-ripped-me-off-for-over-500-Benton-Illinois-447209. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Extreme Auto Care