Complaint Review: Extreme Fitness Yorkville

• Updated: Tue, June 12, 2012

• Reported By: Michael — Toronto Ontario United States of America
Extreme Fitness Yorkville
80 Bloor St West Toronto, Ontario United States of America

Extreme Fitness Yorkville Misleading contract and intimidation to signing unwillingly Toronto, Ontario

My brother and I decided to sign up at this Extreme Fitness club at Bloor, because they specifically told us that we could cancel our membership before September, when we are leaving Toronto.

Then they told us that there is a 'free' assessment. I did not go because of a scheduling conflict, but my brother went. He was unwilling to sign up for these sessions, but two trainers ganged up on him and intimidated him into signing. He wasn't even allowed to read the contract fully because they kept pushing him to sign it.

He was told that he could cancel it any time with the person he signed up with, so he returned promptly and reported his desire to cancel it. At this point, this employee stated that there needs to be a manager in order for the cancellation to occur, delaying and preventing this cancellation. When he returned at a later date, he was told that he could not cancel it, and he was left with a year long payment plan, despite his desires to leave in September.

Now, with this entire ugly ordeal, my brother and I both want to cancel our memberships, and also cancel the fitness sessions he was signed up for against his will.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2012 08:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Extreme-Fitness-Yorkville/Toronto-Ontario-M5S2V1/Extreme-Fitness-Yorkville-Misleading-contract-and-intimidation-to-signing-unwillingly-Tor-896704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Extreme Fitness Yorkville