Complaint Review: Extreme Fitness

• Submitted: Tue, December 30, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, January 02, 2009

• Reported By:northwood nh New Hampshire
Extreme Fitness
75 Consumers Drive Whitby, Ontario U.S.A.

*Author of original report: Extreme Fitness Verbally abusive. Sexual comments confrontational behaviour Whitby Ontario

Hello, Recently me and my girlfriend went to the whitby location to complain about our trainer. The trainer was consistently not showing up for appointments and canceling them within minutes of their actual time. once my girlfriend even drove to the location for an appointment and sat in the waiting room for a great length of time before finally asking the front desk where her trainer was. The front desk informed her that her trainer was not their and and they had no idea where she was. shortly after that the trainer ceased to call and make any appointments with jessica. Jessica found it extremely difficult to remain motivated and meet her goals when she was not even taught her full workout plan. Her trainer also at several sessions made comments about jessica's sex life jessica was in a long distance relationship at the time and would go for a month or so without intercourse.

Her trainer consistently made comments relating to the inability to go that length of time without intercourse this made jessica extremely uncomfortable at the location. All of the above and more was brought to the attention of the general manager. During the consultation with The GM he bacame confrontational attemtping to insult my intelligence and belittle me. When i pointed out what he was trying to do he said he is insulting me because i came in to his "place of business" <
We were then brought to the health department where they sat us down and attempted to sweet talk jessica and to calm her down. But after seeing how the general manager of the facility acted jessica never wants to set foot in the gym again she feels extremely unwelcome the actions of the managment have greatly reduced her motivation rendering her membership and remaining training sessions useless.

When we arrived at the gym we were in no way seeking to cancel our contract with the gym we were simply looking to communicate a few issues however seeing how we were both treated with disrespect she had no choice but to suggest it the health center refused to cancel the contract. the momment i brought up the issues with the gym she immediately closed her office door so that other clients could not hear our conversation. In the end she refused to cancel

I called later the following day and spoke to the membership manager his Julian i explained to julian how she is now uncomfortable there and that jessica feels threatened by the staff and now will not go to the gym. Julian got on the defensive and called me an Idiot. the conversation went on and the he called me an idiot again and started trying to insult my lifestyle by saying i have far too much time on my hands to be making this call regarding Jessica. I commented that i own a home based business doing IT consulting and do well for myself. He replied by what seemed to be him basicly saying "wanna go" or come down here and fight.

I then contacted the Public Relations Manager and let her know the situation she has since forwarded my email to the regional manager.

If jessica does not get her membership canceled and has no choice but to go to the gym she will have no choice but to steer people away not only at her place of work nearby that regularly forwards members but also to the members that engage in conversation with her relating to the club.

For anyone interested here is an article on extreme fitness pickering

This is about a steroid and drug bust sting at that location

Dan
northwood nh, New Hampshire

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Extreme Fitness

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2008 05:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Extreme-Fitness/Whitby-Ontario-l1p-1y7/Extreme-Fitness-Verbally-abusive-Sexual-comments-confrontational-behaviour-Whitby-Ontario-406421. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Extreme Fitness

AUTHOR: Dan - (U.S.A.)

Her trainer consistently made comments relating to the inability to go that length of time without intercourse this made jessica extremely uncomfortable at the location. All of the above and more was brought to the attention of the general manager. During the consultation with as manager he bacame confrontational attemtping to insult my intelligence and belittle me. When i pointed out what he was trying to do he said he is insulting me because i came in to his 'place of business' <
We were then brought to the health department where they sat us down and attempted to sweet talk jessica and to calm her down. But after seeing how the manager of the facility acted jessica never wants to set foot in the gym again she feels extremely unwelcome the actions of the managment have greatly reduced her motivation rendering her membership and remaining training sessions useless.

I called later the following day and spoke to the membership manager his name was Julian i explained to julian how she is now uncomfortable there and that jessica feels threatened by the staff and now will not go to the gym. Julian got on the defensive and called me an Idiot. the conversation went on and the he called me an idiot again and started trying to insult my lifestyle by saying i have far too much time on my hands to be making this call regarding Jessica. I commented that i own a home based business doing IT consulting and do well for myself. He replied by what seemed to be him basicly saying 'wanna go' or come down here and fight.

For anyone interested here is an article on extreme fitness pickering

This is about a steroid and drug bust sting at that location

AUTHOR: Dan - (U.S.A.)

Hello, Recently me and my girlfriend went to the whitby location to complain about her trainer. The trainer was consistently not showing up for appointments and canceling them within minutes of their actual time. once my girlfriend even drove to the location for an appointment and sat in the waiting room for a great length of time before finally asking the front desk where her trainer was. The front desk informed her that her trainer was not there and and they had no idea where she was. shortly after that the trainer ceased to call and make any appointments with jessica. Jessica found it extremely difficult to remain motivated and meet her goals when she was not even taught her full workout plan. Her trainer also at several sessions made comments about jessica's sex life jessica was in a long distance relationship at the time and would go for a month or so without intercourse.

Her trainer consistently made comments relating to the inability to go that length of time without intercourse this made jessica extremely uncomfortable at the location. All of the above and more was brought to the attention of the general manager. During the consultation with The GM he became confrontational attemtping to insult my intelligence and belittle me. When i pointed out what he was trying to do he said he is insulting me because i came in to his 'place of business' He is not the owner. He refused to cancel the contract.

We were then brought to the health department where they sat us down and attempted to sweet talk jessica and to calm her down. But after seeing how the general manager of the facility acted jessica never wants to set foot in the gym again she feels extremely unwelcome and threatened by the staff. the actions of the managment have greatly reduced her motivation rendering her membership and remaining training sessions useless.

When we arrived at the gym we were in no way seeking to cancel her contract with the gym we were simply looking to communicate a few issues. however seeing how we were both treated with disrespect she had no choice but to suggest the cancelation. the health center refused to cancel the contract. the momment i brought up the issues with the gym she immediately closed her office door so that other clients could not hear our conversation and exhibited the same attitude as the manager. In the end she also refused to cancel

I called later the following day and spoke to the membership manager named Julian i explained to julian how she is now uncomfortable there and that jessica feels threatened by the staff and now will not go to the gym. Julian got on the defensive and called me an Idiot. the conversation went on as he continued to insult me personally and then he called me an idiot yet again and started trying to insult my lifestyle by saying i have far too much time on my hands to be making this call regarding Jessica. I commented that i own a home based business doing IT consulting and do well for myself. He replied by what seemed to be him basicly saying 'wanna go' or come down here and fight.

I then contacted the Public Relations Manager and let her know the situation she was atleast kind and understanding but still semi defensive. has since forwarded my email to the regional manager his name is bill.