Complaint Review: Extreme-scooters Dave Bergman

• Submitted: Mon, June 02, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, October 29, 2008

• Reported By:Fort Stewart Georgia
Extreme-scooters Dave Bergman
103 Arthur Walter Court Warner Robins, Georgia U.S.A.

Extreme-scooters Dave Bergman Scooter buyers, and US Military Beware Warner Robins Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: Customer was taken care of not ripped off.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Customer received scooter is satisfied

*Consumer Suggestion: Possible solution to your question at the end...

*Author of original report: vauge response

With the price of gas going up we decieded to buy a scooter for my wife. Her being in the US Army she makes 3 round trips across this base every day.

- May 7th we contacted Dave at Extreme Scooters asking for info on a Tank 150 Touring deluxe scooter. (Tank brand is the only brand offering a 3yr. warrenty)(For scooters in the 1,000-3,000 price range)
He called me back and said he had a few black tanks left and if I e'mail my info he'd hold one until I got my taxes. Or call and give me a chance to put a down payment on one if they started selling. He said that his company being only 3 hrs away we could get parts fast when needed. I sent an email with our info and he replied back with a comfirmation that he has a black one and a copy of his Business License. And a bill of sale for a Black Tank 150 Tourning Scooter.

May 9th since his company dosen't accept Credit cards I sent out a personal check for $1300 by certified mail.

May 13th I recieved an email from USPS that he recieved my check.
I called him and asked what would be the expected turn around. He told me he'd have to wait a few days for the check to clear. Then it'd be 4 days shipping.

May 15th I checked my account and the check had cleared my bank.

May 16th I called dave and asked for a tracking # and when I'm to expect it. He said he'd call me on tuesday (May 20th) to give me info when to expect it.

May 20th he didn't call! We called him late afternoon and asked what was going on. He said he no longer had any black tanks left only one orange one. He was talking very fast and very rude. He said the price of oil has gone up and everyone is buying scooters he's too busy to sit on the phone. Do I want to orange one or he can get a Roketa Bali 150 Black with the same warranty. I told him that the Roketa only has a 90 day warrenty. He said they have the same warrenty and come from the same company. I told him I need time to think so we hung up.

He sold my scooter after he already had my money!!!!!

I sent him an email saying that I want to have all furure conversations through email. and asked for him to send a email with his new offer.

He called back that night and we told him that we sent an email please read it and respond back. He said he don't have time to check emails.

1:30 AM he responded back by email saying that I had 3 choices get my money back, the orange tank, or the black Roketa with the same warrenty.

May 21st I knew money back would take weeks, and our bank is in MN so we have to mail the money up there to get it back into our account so we could buy a scooter from another source. At the same time I checked on the net and the sites I found the tank I wanted were gone and the price of the Roketa had gone from $1100 shipped to $1300 since the 9th. So we sent a email back saying we'd take the Roketa with the same warrenty.

May 22nd He responded by email and said he'd get one to us. (Note: No tracking #)

May 27th My wife called him asking for a tracking #. He said he dosen't have one yet but the company should be calling us by friday to set up a time to drop the scooter off. He said if they don't to call him back and he'd get a tracking #.

May 29th No call from a company to drop off the scooter so My called dave and left a message asking for a tracking #.

No responce from Dave

May 30th we get a military lawyer involved. Our lawyer calls dave and he answers his phone then tells him this long story that our scooter is comming from california and it'll take some time. (please note that he's had our money since May 13th) Our lawyer told him that he'd being doing all transactions from here on. That he was going to send him and email that he's to respond to with a tracking #.

June 2nd still no tracking # from dave at extreme scooters.

He said he's right next to Robins Airforce Base and does alot of buisness with them. We need Military to stick together and put this jerk out of buisness.

I need info on how I can blog this all over the internet. My wife earned this money fighting for our freedom in Iraq this year.

Can anyone give me advice on how to spread this all over the net?
We need to get this guy boycotted for taking advantage of and ripping off a war vet.

Clownking
Fort Stewart, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2008 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Extreme-scooters-Dave-Bergman/Warner-Robins-Georgia-31088/Extreme-scooters-Dave-Bergman-Scooter-buyers-and-US-Military-Beware-Warner-Robins-Georgia-336430. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Extreme-scooters Dave Bergman

Customer was taken care of not ripped off.

AUTHOR: John Eline - (U.S.A.)

Customer received all warranty parts and request.
All emails were answered that we were aware of and the first we heard of a problem with the rectifier was on August 28th when we emailed them to please take off their compliant on the rip off report or update it because we took care of them they had already received parts requested before that and we were not responsible that there was a delay in shipping and to update it.
They have received all their parts.

The customer was taken care of and not ripped off.

Management
Extreme-Scooters.com

received the Title on July 1st

There is a prob. still with the scooter, the charging system well the whole electrical system is AC not DC.

Still no response.

I don't know if all the time waiting 2 months for a scooter then a couple weeks for the title is worth the $300 I saved buying one up town.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Customer received scooter is satisfied

AUTHOR: John Eline - (U.S.A.)

The customer received the Scooter and their Title and the part they requested.

This Customer Complaint was Written In the Past Before The Customer Received their scooter. Since the time the complaint was filed the customer did receive the scooter and are very happy with it according to their e-mails.

See Explanation Below:

This is Extreme-Scooters.com and this customer was given at any time they could cancel their order and get a full refund. The refund does not take weeks we Express mail them or overnight them. When we receive a personal check we have to make sure it clears and this takes a few days, we received their check on the May13 and we wait aleast 5-7 days to clear, every bank is different. Customer was notified that the scooter ran out of stock on May 20 and was given the choice to cancel but they chose to wait. Because of the gas prices the wait time is longer now to receive the scooter. Normal time is 4 business days , but because of the large orders of scooters delivery can be any where from 10-20 business days now and this a approximation.
We rely on the factory to ship our scooters they are ship directly from the factory not from the store. When you ship factory direct the stock of a scooter changes constantly and when we find out it is not in stock we notify the customer and give the opportunity to cancel change to another scooter or receive their money back or wait. We was told our scooters were being shipped and this is why we told the customer we would get the tracking number from our rep who we rely on to give tracking numbers.
We have since made sure the customer is told the ship time is an approximation because the ship time does vary now.

In the future with a customer like this we will go ahead and cancel the order our selves and refund the money. We have been selling scooters for 10 years and we do not try to rip people off or else we would be put out of business along time ago.
We try to sell a good scooter at a pretty good price and we are able to offer a good price because the middle man is cut out.

Extreme-Scooters.com

#7 Consumer Suggestion

Possible solution to your question at the end...

AUTHOR: Kwikcrap - (U.S.A.)

Send all this information to the Personnel Office, Legal Office, Security Forces and Headquarters at Robins AFB and they will distribute it out thru everyone on the base via email. I used to be Security Forces stationed there and we recieved these tips all the time.

June 3rd Quoted
'There was a delay on the shipping, which is common due to the many orders going on right now.

However, we are expecting a Tracking Number this week, which we will forward as soon as we get it from Roketa in CA,

Frontier