Complaint Review: Exxon Express Pay

• Updated: Tue, May 07, 2013

• Reported By: RichardOC — Savannah Georgia
Exxon Express Pay
Bernards, New Jersey USA

Exxon Express Pay Gas Pumps billed for more gas than was pumped Bernards New Jersey

As you can see from our address, my wife, and I reside in Savannah, Georgia. Shortly before Easter this year, we drove to Connecticut to see our granddaughter, daughter, and son-in-law. We take two days to make the trip in our car. The first day of our trip was March 24th and the second day was March 25th. On March 24th, we purchased gas at On The Run (#15) in Davidson, NC.

Our gas gauge registered at or just below ¾ full, yet we were charged for 14.56 gallons of gas. We were driving my wife’s 2003 Toyota Avalon, which only holds a little over 16 gallons of gas. (About a 16.2 gallon maximum). The next day, March 25th, at the Bernardsville #4797585 in Bernards, NJ when our gas gauge showed a little below ¾ full, we were charged for 15.048 gallons of gas. (Initial contact was made 4/22 at Exxon-Mobile website, asking an address.)

I am not looking for any money back from you; however, I am seeking confirmation from you that you have addressed and rectified the problem with these two gas-pumping facilities, which are listed as “Exxon Express Pay” entities. I have provided you with copies of the receipts from these two purchases, as well as a receipt from our return trip to Georgia. It is dated 4/7/13 and is from Sheetz #241 in Martinsburg, WV.

I included this receipt because, at the time we purchased the 13.824 gallons of gasoline, our gauge was close to empty. This was on the same trip and consistent with our long experience with the car’s gas gauge. It is convincing evidence in our eyes that the two entities using your gas pumps had somehow manipulated the pumps metering. This reflects very poorly on your company.

I have available, as a PDF, a scaned image of all three receipts referenced above. I am appauled that Exxon-Mobile never got back to me regarding my 4/22/13 complaint to them. It makes me suspicious that they are aware their subsidiary is behaving inappropriately. I guess it should not be too surprising considering their historical lack of corporate ethics.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2013 11:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Exxon-Express-Pay/Bernards-New-Jersey/Exxon-Express-Pay-Gas-Pumps-billed-for-more-gas-than-was-pumped-Bernards-New-Jersey-1049060. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Exxon Express Pay