Complaint Review: Exxon Mobile Gas Station

• Updated: Tue, December 28, 2010

• Reported By: LK — Oviedo Florida United States of America
Exxon Mobile Gas Station
1850 W Broadway St Oviedo, Florida United States of America

Exxon Mobile Gas Station I paid $52.00 for my gas on my debit card, but Exxon Mobile took two additional charges for $75 each by placing an ACH hold on my account and then processing them as transactions Oviedo, Florida

I used my debit card to pump$52.00 gas at the pump. Imagine my shockthis morning to discovertwo additional $75.00 charges taken from my account by the gas station. Upon calling my bank, I was told gas stations are placing $75.00 holds on accounts when debit cards are used, but this gas stationput two holds and then processed both as charges (in addition to the actual charge of $52.00 for the gas I pumped).I filed a claim with my bank butit will take48 hours before the money can be put back in my account.

The bank said I should also call the gas station to let them know. I called the gas stationand was told "there was someglitch in their system" and got to listen to the gas station employee whine abouthow they were shorted that day for $250 because of the glitch. So they already knewabout a glitch because of theirshortage, but didn't bother to do anything about the money that was illegally taken froma customer's bankaccount.

So Exxon Mobilegets the benefit of earning interest on my $150. How is this legal?!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2010 08:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Exxon-Mobile-Gas-Station/Oviedo-Florida-32765/Exxon-Mobile-Gas-Station-I-paid-5200-for-my-gas-on-my-debit-card-but-Exxon-Mobile-took-675887. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Exxon Mobile Gas Station