Complaint Review: Exxon

• Updated: Mon, April 09, 2012

• Reported By: atlas — Cickamauga Georgia United States of America
Exxon
1297 N. Hwy 27 Chickamauga, Georgia United States of America

Exxon, Exxon Express Pay Charged me for six gallons of gas in a 5 gallon container. Chickamauga, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Atlas,

*Consumer Comment: Try and catch them on video

*Consumer Comment: CICKAMAUGA GEORGIA, SINCE EXXON CORPORATION IS PART OF THE FEDERAL RESERVE......

On Mar 27, 2012 I stopped at the Exxon at 12797 N. Hwy 27 to fill some 5 gallon gas cans (plastic containers) for my mower. I have filled the can many times over the years. Usually I stop at about 4 1/2 gals so that it wont vent or slosh out. This time I looked at the pumps and saw that it was registering way over 5 gals.

My receipt shows 5.893 gals. I complained to the manager and was told after waiting several minutes to contact the GA Dept of Weights and measures. I did. Today, I contacted them to see why they had not notified me of the outcome of their investigation. First I was told that they had no record of the pump being checked and then they said oh yeah, they checked the pump and it was accurate.

Later I took the same container to a different station and was bare able to put 5 gals in it. A few ounces more and it would run over. I assume, when I complained the station re calibrated their pump so that it checked out correctly with the inspectors. Possibly, the GA inspectors are involved in this crime as they definiately were not interested in helping me.

I have tried to contact the sheriff department, but so far they have not bothered to contact me. I have noticed before whenever the price of fuel has increased dramatically, by some miracle all of the fuel tanks on my vehicle seem to increase in capacity. Up until now, I have not had concrete proof. Now I have, but no regulatory agency is interested. I will contact the BBB. At least this will go on record.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2012 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Exxon/Chickamauga-Georgia-30707/Exxon-Exxon-Express-Pay-Charged-me-for-six-gallons-of-gas-in-a-5-gallon-container-Chicka-865886. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Exxon

Atlas,

AUTHOR: Karl - ()

Please feel free to give us an update to your Ripoff Report when you get a chance. Thanks.

Try and catch them on video

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

Go there again to fill the can and have someone video the fill-up and pump from beginning to end.

Then take the video to the local DA's office and insist they do something or your next step is to the media. Don't say anything to the gas station.

If the media also ignores it, be your own media by posting to Youtube, Facebook etc. Be sure to put the full station name and address in video title.

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

according to information that is available on the web, it might be a good idea to send a copy of your Ripoff Report to Ben Bernake, so he can alert all of the people who make up the Fed, right?

Anyone can 'Google' this- WHO OWNS THE FED?, and go to the site with the five charts to see that Exxon Corporation is listed in 'Chart 3', correct?

Feel free to 'Google' this- BOARD OF GOVERNORS OF THE FEDERAL RESERVE SYSTEM, and go to that website and get the address to the Fed, which appears at the bottom of the page and mail a copy of your Ripoff Report immediately. You can put it to the attention of 'Ben Bernanke' and 'Mr. Rothschild'.