Complaint Review: Exxon

• Submitted: Fri, April 17, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, April 17, 2009

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
Exxon
7900 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Exxon Gas station employees rude and unhelpful to 7 month pregnant woman..Los Angeles California

*Consumer Comment: Self Service

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: rude but a reason

I went to put air in my tires this morning, which I have done a million times in the past. Being 7 months pregnant, it was too uncomfortable to bend down to do it, so I asked the rude woman behind the counter if there was anyone available to help me. She told me yes, and to wait outside. I waited by my car for 10 minutes before I went back inside to see if anyone was coming. There were two men behind the counter and one man said, "no, we aren't a full-service station." I said, I am 7 months pregnant and just need a little help. They were blase and totally didn't care, simply replying, "sorry, ma'am, we can't help you." I got visibly upset and asked if anyone was going to let me know or if they were going to leave me out there waiting for help. They didn't even answer.

All I can say, is that its human decency to help someone who is disabled, whether you are on the clock, whether its company policy or if you are busy drinking your latte. These guys were jerks and Exxon's policy of not helping pregnant women with basic gas station services is totally despicable. I will not be patronizing Exxon or Mobil again and wonder how this policy supersedes common decency. One employee wanted to help me, but I think his manager told him no. Disgusting.

I was left waiting for help, then treated rudely. Being 7 months pregnant is hard enough without having to deal with jerks like this.

Anon
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2009 10:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Exxon/Los-Angeles-California-90048/Exxon-Gas-station-employees-rude-and-unhelpful-to-7-month-pregnant-womanLos-Angeles-Cali-444446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Exxon

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Is just that - The stations in my area have a button on the pumps to help disabled individuals - Pregnancy is not a disability -
If your tire was low on pressure maybe you should have sent your spouse or significant other to fill the tire

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

rude but a reason

AUTHOR: Adam - (U.S.A.)

Being a former Exxon gas station employee i can tell you that in the past employees have gotten in trouble by helping customers in this fashion. It all comes down to laibility. we cannot be responsible for your vehicles. If one of the employees had filled up your tires an you drove down the rode 10 min later and the tire blew we could be held responsible for that. Now they should have explained it to you instead of being so rude to you, but in a country were you can sue for just about anything companies are trying to distance themselves from doing that kind of thing. thats why you dont see any full service stations hardly anymore. Im sorry for the way you were treated it was definetly rude but they also do not want to be responsible for your vehicle and anything wrong with it.