Complaint Review: Eye Center

• Submitted: Tue, April 04, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, April 04, 2006

• Reported By:Bradenton Florida
Eye Center
2003 Cortez Road W Bradenton, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 941-756-2020
  • Web:
  • Category: Eye Care

Eye Center Ripoff the definition of INCOMPETENCE and POOR SERVICE Bradenton Florida

This place of business is unbelievable! Total incompetence followed by excuses and snippy remarks!

This business is a perfect example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

I only went to this place because they are the provider for my employer for prescription safety glasses which are required on my job.

I went in on 3-14-2006 to place the order. I gave them a current prescription and picked out my frames, and was told that they would be ready for pickup in 2-3 days. They said they would call me.

3 days go by and no call. Ok.. I call them. They say, your employer requested that you have an eye exam and new prescription before we can process your order. **[They found this out the same day I placed the order, but did not see the need to call me and let me know].

I set an appt for that Sat and get my order placed one more time, **[and had to pick out different style and frames, as they sold mine that were already picked out]. OK.. Once again I'm told 2-3 days... We'll call you..

You guessed it, 3 days pass..no call. On the 5th day, I call them, sit on hold 10-15 minutes and some girl tells me in a snippy tone "Your glasses have been here ready to pick up since Wed. and we called you". **[Well folks..NO call was made, as I have both caller id and voicemail, and a call record of missed calls that goes 30 days back.. No call was made].

I show up on Sat. within posted business hours, 10 minutes before closing, the door is locked, AND they see me at the door and ignore me!

I go back in on Mon. while on the way to work, stand at the counter 25-30 minutes with only 2 people ahead of me only to get some snippy remark as soon as she reads my name off the sign in sheet.. "Did we call you?".. I said, NO..I called you as you failed to call me twice now as promised. I was told my glasses were ready last Wed, and am here to pick them up. Her reply..Your glasses are not ready.. we are still waiting on authorization from your employer so we can order the lenses!

I informed ger that authorization had already been given.. TWICE.. and was told the glasses were ready.. Her reply.. The girl you spoke with was a new girl and she was wrong.. I left after telling them how ridiculous all of this is.

I stewed on it for about 2 hours at work and decided to just call and cancel the order, and go somewhere else and pay out of pocket.

I called and asked for a manager. I told here to cancel. She then told me what do you mean, your employer is paying for these and they are already done. they are right here in front of me. We called you to come pick them up already!

NOw I went off and explained how incompetent they are and that I would never step foot in that place again. I told her she can send them back or mail them to me, but they have wasted enough of my valuable time.

AND... Not just me.. 2 other employees where I work were in the same day.. 1 got the wrong prescription, and 1 was shorted 1 pair, and the other was not tinted as requested.

AND... each time I have been in there.. at least half of the people ahead of me were there because of a wrong product, defect, etc..

Stay far away from these idiots.

They have absolutely no consideration for the value of your time.

But they do have an excuse for everything!

Bradenton, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2006 09:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eye-Center/Bradenton-Florida-34207/Eye-Center-Ripoff-the-definition-of-INCOMPETENCE-and-POOR-SERVICE-Bradenton-Florida-184831. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eye Center