Complaint Review: Eye Glass World

• Submitted: Sat, February 16, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, February 16, 2008

• Reported By:greenwood Indiana
Eye Glass World
1298 N. U.S. Highway 31 Greenwood, Indiana U.S.A.
  • Phone: 317-885-2020
  • Web:
  • Category: Eye Care

Eye Glass World outlandish pricing and bad customer service Greenwood Indiana

I went to Eyeglass World on Feb.3,2008 to get their promotional sale of buy one pair of glasses and get 2 free. I recieved my eye exam and proceeded to pick out my frames. I picked out 2 sets of frames and 1 set for sun glasses. By the time it all added up I spent over $500. The order for my glasses was placed on Feb.3,2008 and I was just called today to pick up my glasses. Only 1 pair was in. It seems like for $500 that I should have gotten them quicker. Little did I know until after they were ordered how outlandish that price was.

In reality I really paid for all three pairs of glasses. Plus have had to wait for them to come in. I even called 2 times to see if they were in and was told that they would call me when they came in. I work many hours and was trying to see if I could possibly be lucky and they would be in while I was in the area so I could pick them up. Not once when I called did anyone say "I'm sorry for your wait" or anything. Just a rude "We'll calll you when they come in."

To me this seemed like false advertisement because I can't figure out where the free came in at. I sure didn't see it when I got the total. I had never purchased glasses before. I guess they could tell that when I walked in.

greenwood, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2008 06:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eye-Glass-World/Greenwood-Indiana-46142/Eye-Glass-World-outlandish-pricing-and-bad-customer-service-Greenwood-Indiana-309515. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eye Glass World