• Report: #912006

• Updated: Sat, July 14, 2012

• Reported By: Kay — Queens New York United States of America
EyeCare's Vision Service
180-05 Hillside Avenue Jamaica, New York United States of America

EyeCare's Vision Service EyeCare Advantage Ripped me off AND overcharged me. AWFUL customer service. Unhelpful Sales Associates Jamaica, New York

The people at this location are absolutely unprofessional and disgusting! I went here because I desperately needed a pair a pair of glasses and this location is a short distance away from my job.  The sales associates were extremely inattentive, one girl was on her cell phone, another one was eating and the male sales associate was helping me. He ripped me off though. I am pretty sure he was just making up the prices for the frames as we went along. This company advertises affordable pricing but their sales associated overcharged me by so much on the frames. I checked out lenscrafters.com, the exact frames are on there for a much cheaper price.  After I picked out the frames, he also overcharged me on the lenses. He kept trying to sell me the most expensive add-ons and he did not apply the discount I should have received.  The total came to $400, I had a bad feeling about EVERYTHING but because I am in a dire need for glasses, I took out the money anyway.

Two days later, I called to inquire about the prices, because I had this persistent nagging feeling I was ripped off.  I was very polite, but they dodged all of my questions and then started giving me an attitude. The claimed that a male sales associates didnt even work there, after 30 minutes of going back & fourth, they finally figured out who it is. However, my information was not even placed in the computer and they claimed to have no record of me paying any money. I do have my receipt, so I am not worried about that. They placed me on hold and then hung up and then stopped answering the calls. I called their corporate office several times but no answer and I emailed them twice, but no response.

Now I have to miss some hours at work to get this all figured out. I have a feeling I was overcharged because the sales associate pocketed my money. I could be 100 % wrong, but why is there no record of my payment?  Even when I spoke politely, the girls who answered the phone were extremely rude, unhelpful and uncaring a. I would not recommend this place at all. I will file a complaint with the BBB if my issue is not resolved by Monday. As I stated before, I would not recommend using this company. They will rip you off, they are rude, unhelpful and contacting corporate seems impossible. After some research, I found out who the CEO is and I will be writing to him as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2012 10:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EyeCares-Vision-Service/Jamaica-New-York-/EyeCares-Vision-Service-EyeCare-Advantage-Ripped-me-off-AND-overcharged-me-AWFUL-custome-912006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EyeCare's Vision Service