Complaint Review: EyeGlass World

• Submitted: Sat, December 01, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, January 31, 2008

• Reported By:maynardville Tennessee
EyeGlass World
7524 Kingston Pike Knoxville, Tennessee U.S.A.

EyeGlass World BAIT AND SWITCH Knoxville Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: I'm happy with their service -- repeat customer

I can not believe the way thier business is ran... or how you continue to stay in business..I came to your store due to seeing an advertisement on the internet, I read all the fine print.. didn't see a catch, so I decided to call. I asked the person I spoke to about the buy 1 get 2 pair of free glasses with a $45 credit on an eye exam... I was insured there was no catch... which was very untrue... after making the almost 50 mile trip to the store and getting any eye exam that I found out I had to pay $59 for ( not told over the phone), I was then informed I could get 3 pair of glasses if they weren't from the clearance section and I also had to pay another $99 for lens ( in which the coupon says you only have to pay to upgrade lens) then when I told the consultant I planned on getting clearance glasses she stated i could, but I was only allowed to get 2 pair for $99 and I still had to pay another $99 for lens ( not upgraded). eventhough the frames I wanted were only $29, $29, and $39 which would only be $97... I could only get 2 clearance pair for $99... so I was wondering how you guys done math

Don't get taken
maynardville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2007 12:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EyeGlass-World/Knoxville-Tennessee-37919/EyeGlass-World-BAIT-AND-SWITCH-Knoxville-Tennessee-288155. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EyeGlass World

I'm happy with their service -- repeat customer

AUTHOR: Amazondoc - (U.S.A.)

I have just purchased new glasses from Eyeglass World in Knoxville, for the second time. I was also annoyed by the need to pay for a separate optometrist visit, but Eyeglass World is far from the only company that requires it.

I need expensive lenses and I like expensive frames, so my eyeglass purchases are always rather large. This year I ended up paying $490 for three pairs -- in two different prescriptions (one for reading, one for every day)! Three years ago I paid $450 for TWO pairs, both in the same prescription. Considering that ONE pair with cheap frames and the same general prescription costs over $200 at other places (what my dad buys), I'm quite happy with the company's new buy-1-get-2-free policy.

I think sometimes people expect too much. If a frame is already on clearance, how much more can you really expect them to give you??

disclaimer: I have no financial relationship to this company, aside from giving them money to make my glasses for me!