Complaint Review: Eyeglass Factory Outlet

• Updated: Sat, June 04, 2011

• Reported By: Annie — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania United States of America
Eyeglass Factory Outlet
P.O. Box 74005, Internet United States of America

Eyeglass Factory Outlet Charged me $84.50 for glasses I never received. Internet

I ordered glasses off the internet from Eyeglass Factory Outlet and paid by credit card.  My order went in on May 13, 2011 and received an empty envelop on May 27th which took fourteen days to get here.  I called the toll free telephone number and got called back by someone on a cell phone.  They said they are not responible for lost mail and that I should have gotten insurance.  There was nothing mention when ordering of insurance.  How do I know that the glasses were even put into the envelop in the first place.  She said she would put a claim in with the postal service and a week has gone by and heard nothing.

I also filed a claim and heard back that there is nothing the postal service can do about the situation.  I asked the question of packing information in the envelop and was told they do put anything but the glasses in the envelop due to customer confidentiality.  Yet, my address is plastered in bold, large print on the front of the envelop.  The whole thing stinks and I am contacting my credit card company as I am not paying $84.50 for nothing.  I emailed the company twice with no response.  I also feel it strange that I was notified of the order and shippment by two different email addresses, one from aol and one from gmail.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2011 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eyeglass-Factory-Outlet/internet/Eyeglass-Factory-Outlet-Charged-me-8450-for-glasses-I-never-received-Internet-736802. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eyeglass Factory Outlet