Complaint Review: Eyeglass Factory Outlet

• Updated: Tue, October 05, 2010

• Reported By: Rose — Portage Indiana United States of America
Eyeglass Factory Outlet
7812 Jewelwood Drive, Boynton Beach, FL Internet United States of America

Eyeglass Factory Outlet Company sent a different frame than the one that I ordered, Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This issue has already been resolved and customer was satisfied.

I ordered eyeglasses from this company.  I chose the frame I wanted, filled in my prescription information, along with faxing my prescription to them & paid for the glasses at the time of order with a debit card.

The company deducted the money from my account very quickly.  I received several telephone calls thereafter asking me to call re: questions they had.  I called them back and asked what else they needed.  They had questions about my prescription and I told them I sent a copy to them.  They said they never received it.  The matter was at the time straightened out, then I waited for my glasses.  When I finally received them - the glasses frame was not what I ordered.  I looked online to find the frame, which is not even listed in their stock anymore.

I have placed a call to the company and am awaiting a call back.  I am asking to get a full refund, since they did not send me what I ordered.  In their "refund/return" section, they state that they will give a refund on the frame, but only 1/2 of the lens cost.  I will demand a full refund, since this was not my error.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2010 05:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eyeglass-Factory-Outlet/internet/Eyeglass-Factory-Outlet-Company-sent-a-different-frame-than-the-one-that-I-ordered-Inter-623973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eyeglass Factory Outlet

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This issue has already been resolved and customer was satisfied.

AUTHOR: EyeFacOutlet - (United States of America)

In response to this report, most of what was reported was true, except that once we were finally able to stop playing phone-tag, we were able to get the problem resolved with regard to the prescription...  Once the order is placed, the money is deducted automatically because we do have to make and order your glasses immediately and we need to know that the money is there before we go and make glasses for someone we don't know is going to pay and then we're out the money and stuck with a pair of glasses for nothing...  As far as the frame being one she had not ordered, that too was true, but it was simply a mistake that she received the wrong one.  Once we were notified that the frame she received was incorrect, we had her send it back to us and we then replaced it for her without a problem!  The only reason the frame she ordered suddenly went missing was because it had been discontinued and once we knew it, we removed it from the site so that we could prevent a similar situation from happening again.  After 15 years in business, the last thing we are here to do is rip people off.  We do exactly the opposite which is save people money!  Unfortunately this customer was quick to claim we ripped her off, but not so quick to mention that we corrected the mistake and in the end satisfied her without a question!  Once in a while a mistake may happen, but by all means, we will definitely fix it if and when it does!  Obviously we are not going to charge someone and expect them to pay for our mistake.