Complaint Review: Eyeglass World

• Submitted: Thu, September 04, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, September 04, 2008

• Reported By:Indianapolis Indiana
Eyeglass World
5485 East 82nd Street, Castleton Indiana Indianapolis, Indiana U.S.A.

Eyeglass World Not Licensed to Do Business In Indiana; Managers Stall Complaints Indianapolis Indiana

In March, 2007I also saw the Ad -- buy one, get two free. I ordered the glasses but requested special brand progressive lenses. Three pair were made -- I couldn't see out of them. The manager had three more made -- when they arrived, that manager was gone. I still could not see out of the glasses. A store clerk figured out that eyeglass world had sent the wrong prescription to the lab.

Since that date, I have received one pair of usable glasses. Upon complaint manager "Steve" denied my request for a refund and told me he would take responsibility for the problem. Three weeks later when nothing happened, I told them I was going to court. A new manager "Karen" called and said Steve was gone and she was being transfered to fix the store problems. After another three weeks of nothing, they failed to produce the subject glasses.

It gets better, I complained to the BBB. I also researched the company's status in Indiana. Eyeglass World's License to do business in Indiana was revoked. Meanwhile, I received a call from a "regional manager" He was also "new" but agree to submit a request for a refund of my money. It would be in my hands in 10 days.

Three weeks later, no check. A completely dishonest company from top down.

Ellen indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2008 04:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eyeglass-World/Indianapolis-Indiana-46250/Eyeglass-World-Not-Licensed-to-Do-Business-In-Indiana-Managers-Stall-Complaints-Indianapo-369850. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eyeglass World