Complaint Review: Eyes of York

• Reported By: charlie — York Haven Pennsylvania United States of America
Eyes of York
1880 Kenneth Road York, Pennsylvania United States of America

Eyes of York improper billing procedures York, Pennsylvania

After completing my initial office visit for cataract surgery, time to check out, they billed me $135.00.  When i questioned this amount, they sarcastically replied that my insurance (BC/BS) had a $350 dedectible.  I paid the $135.00 and left. They billed my insurance the same day for office visit for $195.00. The following Wednesday, i was told i had to come in to buy a "kit" consisting of eye drops and a zip up pouch for $10.00.  Nothing was said to me about owing for another office visit. Later that afternoon they called me at home, saying that i had to pay them $145.00 before Jan 20th, 2013 which was 8 days before surgery. I called BC/BS and asked them if this was right for them to do this and they told me NO, and not to pay it. On the 20th of January, they again called me at home, this time demanding $145.00 be paid to her that day. I again called my BC/BS provider and they told me not to pay it. Now they have billed me $30.00 for my last visit. They have already been paid $129.18 + $26.92 by my insurance company. I finally told them i was tired of their thug billing practices and cancelled the surgery.  I am still wondering why service organizations are operating this way? BC/BS told me i only had to pay a co-payment of $30.00. This has to be the worst company i have every dealt with, and i am 69 years old. I think everyone should be made aware of this company and their billing practices, and to take their business elsewhere.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2013 12:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eyes-of-York/York-Pennsylvania-17408/Eyes-of-York-improper-billing-procedures-York-Pennsylvania-1014273. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eyes of York