Complaint Review: EzLaptop

Www.ezlap.net Internet U.S.A.

EzLaptop computers $5.00 laptop Ripoff Scam Www.ezlap.net Internet

*Consumer Comment: EZ Laptop It was just the whole principle of the matter

*Consumer Comment: I've never had a problem

*Consumer Comment: there must be some mistake

EzLaptop's website says:
You're asking yourself, "How can I receive a laptop for $5?" Well you simply pay the $5 membership fee to start enjoying all our features! After you activate your account you will receive an e-mail from us either 1, 2, or 3 times a week. (Depending what you have chosen upon sign-up.) Inside the e-mail there will be a link to click. You click on this link after reading our ad to gain credits into your EZLaptop account! Once you receive so many credits you receive your laptop absolutely FREE! Don't visit other sites that only give you 1/4 of a credit or 1/2 credit per click. Our site offers whole credits, and whole credits only! Your personal information will never be sold or given out to anyone. EZLaptop only uses your email address to send you the weekly ad.

Another way to receive more credits into your account is by referring people! If you refer friends, family, co-workers etc. you will earn whole credits this way too!

Our site is unique and one of a kind. In as little as 2-3 months you can earn most your credits for your laptop from just receiving the weekly ad! On top of that, if you refer anyone, you can earn more credits! How could it get any better than that?

What are you waiting for? Sign-up today & become a premier member!

I signed up for this program back in December 2003 or January 2004. Since then I have received only 2 or 3 ads at the most. At that rate, I will NEVER get the laptop in the time they proposed.

I have written several times with my complaint, and the problem never gets resolved. They send messages back to me telling me that the problem is on my end, not theirs.

Grandview, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2004 11:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EzLaptop/internet/EzLaptop-computers-500-laptop-Ripoff-Scam-Wwwezlapnet-Internet-86635. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EzLaptop

EZ Laptop It was just the whole principle of the matter

AUTHOR: Tammy - (U.S.A.)

Thank you Tim for that information! I might give it a try again...it's not about the five dollars - that's pocket change! It was just the whole principle of the matter....that I was promised something, and didn't get it. But if management and everything else has changed now, like I said, I might give it another try.

I've never had a problem

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

Well I've been a member of ezlaptop.com since october of 2004 and I currently have 201 credits in my account. 9 more and I will get my laptop.

Something I noticed in your report is that you signed up in DEC 2003 / JAN 2004 ... on July 14th 2004 the site changed ownership. There have been 45000+ new members since then and I know of 3 of my friends that have gotten their laptops already.

You might want to get a hold of the "new" site owners and tell them your problems. Every time I've had a problem logging in to the site and e-mailed the help section they reply in less than an hour.

Also The format changed a bit since I've been a member, they were having problems keeping up with all of the outgoing emails so they now have inboxes on the website that members can check.

I hope this helped

there must be some mistake

AUTHOR: Patricia - (Canada)

Hi. I signed up in January,and by the middle of January, I have gained 14 credits. I don't know if this is a scam, but $5.00 is not a lot of money to lose. If it takes me a few months, so what? It's free!!