Complaint Review: FACE TO FACE TECHNOLOGIES

• Submitted: Thu, February 21, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, February 21, 2008

• Reported By:home New York
FACE TO FACE TECHNOLOGIES
PO BOX 67 EVERGREEN, Colorado U.S.A.

FACE TO FACE TECHNOLOGIES/ GREAT LEAKES CIRCULATION INC/ AMERICAN CASH AWARD PROGRAM NEVER CASHED ORIGINAL CHECK BUT SUBMITTED ELECTRONIC CHECK 7 MONTHS AFTER A STOP PAYMENT EVERGREEN Colorado

7/21/07 - What appeared to be 2 high school girls came to my door looking to sell magazines. They had caught me on a crazy day. I picked two magazines and wrote a check for $113. I was never given a receipt. It occurred to me 2 hours later that that was a ridiculous price for 2 childrens magazines and since I had no receipt, I put a stop on my check.

2/21/08 - I noticed a check was debited from my account for $133. I knew I had not written one for that amount anytime recently. I looked at the image of the check and saw that it was an electronic made out to Face to Face Technologies with the number 469. I looked it up and realized what it was for. These people had the nerve to wait 7 months and make an electronic date of 2/5/2008 so that they could cash the check for magazines I never even received!!!

Needless to say I called my banks fraud department and filed a claim. I will be getting my money back, however I now have to close my checking account and open a new one so that this company cannot try this again.

SMW
home, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2008 03:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FACE-TO-FACE-TECHNOLOGIES/EVERGREEN-Colorado-80439/FACE-TO-FACE-TECHNOLOGIES-GREAT-LEAKES-CIRCULATION-INC-AMERICAN-CASH-AWARD-PROGRAM-NEVER-310913. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FACE TO FACE TECHNOLOGIES