Complaint Review: FAIRPOINT ENERGY, LLC

• Updated: Tue, August 26, 2014

• Reported By: talkback — Merrimack
FAIRPOINT ENERGY, LLC
1055 WASHINGTON BLVD, floor 7 Stamford, Connecticut USA

FAIRPOINT ENERGY, LLC I would like shed some public awareness about Fairpoint Energy and other electricity supplies who are ripping off customers. I just called my local electric company and their rate over the past year has been less than .10 kWh for the past year. Fairpoint is charging consumers 50% more for their electricity rate for past several months .159 . I called Fairpoint in June when I found out about this price gouging requesting that my account be switched back to my local electric company. They informed me that they could give me a rate of .0919 but it would take 1 to 2 billing cycles. I was currently in the June billing cycle when I called and so I was expecting my rate to drop for July or at the latest August. When I got my bill for August it still had not changed. In the meantime I received an electricity bill of $440 for July and $325 or August. My bills have never been so high. Now I am being told it will not change until September. I was told this was common practice to wait 1 to 2 billing cycles. I have had to wait 3 billing cycles ,June, July and August. Buyer beware. Check your kWh if you are using one of these suppliers to see how they may be scamming you. Stamford Connecticut

I would like shed some public awareness about Fairpoint Energy and other electricity supplies who are ripping off customers. I just called my local electric company and their rate over the past year has been less than .10 kWh for the past year. Fairpoint is charging consumers 50% more for their electricity (rate for past several months .159) . I called Fairpoint in June when I found out about this price gouging requesting that my account be switched back to my local electric company. They informed me that they could give me a rate of .0919 but it would take 1 to 2 billing cycles. I was currently in the June billing cycle when I called and so I was expecting my rate to drop for July or at the latest August. When I got my bill for August it still had not changed. In the meantime I received an electricity bill of $440 for July and $325 or August. My bills have never been so high. Now I am being told it will not change until September. I was told this was common practice to wait 1 to 2 billing cycles. I have had to wait 3 billing cycles (June, July and August). The Fairpoint Energy representative was unwilling to adjust my bill saying it was “out of his hands” I think a lot of businesses would consider this an unethical business practice and do the right thing.  I can dream, right.   Also, Faripoint has the balls to charge over 50% of the going rate.  It is supposed  to be cheaper to go with these suppliers.  Buyer beware.  Check your kWh if you are using one of these suppliers to see how they may be scamming you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2014 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FAIRPOINT-ENERGY-LLC/Stamford-Connecticut-06901/FAIRPOINT-ENERGY-LLC-I-would-like-shed-some-public-awareness-about-Fairpoint-Energy-and-1172495. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FAIRPOINT ENERGY, LLC