Complaint Review: FAMILY COUNSELING CREDIT CORP (FCCC)

• Submitted: Tue, May 20, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, May 20, 2008

• Reported By:Flushing New York
FAMILY COUNSELING CREDIT CORP (FCCC)
4850 N State Rd 7 Lauderdale Lakes, Florida U.S.A.

FAMILY COUNSELING CREDIT CORP (FCCC) Class Action Lawsuit SETTLEMENT! Lauderdale Lakes Florida

Yesterday, May 19, 2008, I received a check for my share of the class action lawsuit judgment against Family Credit Counseling Corp. Although it in no way makes up for the money I paid them, and the damage they did to my credit, I knew that they were screwing me over, and this check makes me feel vindicated. I made my initial complaints against FCCC in 11/05, and a second round of complaints in 4/07 when they refused to remove my name from their records despite me having cancelled my agreement with them in 10/05. To this day, I still receive creditor payout summaries from them on a monthly basis. Also, the president and CEO of FCCC, James Armstrong, sent me a nasty email after my 4/07 complaints in which he stated that I "never had any contractual relationship with FCCC", that I might find myself "on the wrong side of a litigation" for making "false allegations", and that I "owe FCCC an apology". The balls on this guy! The following is an excerpt of that email:

You have never had any contractual relationship with FCCC, as stated in the agreement that you signed, FCCC was merely the servicing agent for Counsel For Debt Solutions.

As for your comments regarding our service, You have no clue what you speak of regarding the Attorney General or complaints and in fact some of the items you speak of can be considered Defamation.

I am the President and CEO of FCCC and I take your comments very seriously, and I also take consumer complaints very seriously. Hence why FCCC did contact you yesterday to make sure that there was no lingering issues. This contact was a courtesy and in now constituted a relationship nor a contract.

Just as we took that serious, your off handed comments regarding consumer fraud are also taken very seriously. FCCC defends these issues to the fullest extent and have in fact filed suit and has been successful when consumers make false allegations such as yourself.
My suggestion is to get your facts straight before you go blaming companies half cocked. This might find you on the wrong side of a litigation.

As you will see from the attached service agreement that you executed, You are wrong and in fact never had a direct contractual relationship with FCCC, and in fact owe FCCC an apology.

As for FCCC apparent consumer issues, we have nothing as of now, all our issues were related to a devastating Hurricane in October of 2005. These issues have been 100% resolved.

In the future please get your facts straight before harming an innocent firm.

Whatever, dude. I wouldn't have received and be cashing this settlement check if I indeed didn't have my "facts straight before harming an innocent firm".

Therese
Flushing, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2008 09:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FAMILY-COUNSELING-CREDIT-CORP-FCCC/Lauderdale-Lakes-Florida-33319/FAMILY-COUNSELING-CREDIT-CORP-FCCC-Class-Action-Lawsuit-SETTLEMENT-Lauderdale-Lakes-Flo-333702. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FAMILY COUNSELING CREDIT CORP (FCCC)

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC