Complaint Review: FAMILY DOLLAR

• Submitted: Sat, July 11, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, July 11, 2009

• Reported By:Wheat Ridge Colorado
FAMILY DOLLAR
9365 W 58TH AVE Arvada, Colorado U.S.A.
  • Phone: 303-431-8223
  • Web:
  • Category: Employees

FAMILY DOLLAR I was terminated when my husband was in the hospital Arvada Colorado

My husband had to go the hospital the evening of 6/22/09, the next morning I called in hours before my shift to let the manager know I would not be in, the next morning I had to take him back to the hospital and he was admitted.

I was going to call in when I received a phone call from my manager telling me not to wear jeans or I would be sent home at that time I told her I would not be in because my husband was being admitted into the hospital.

I called in everyday hours before my scheduled shifts were to begin giving plenty of notice. On Thursday we found out he would have to stay one more day, I immediately called the manager and told her I would not be for my Friday morning shift.

My manager said I should call her to pick up a shift on Friday night or Saturday, I told her we'll see because I was very tired. She rudely told me she had worked 62 hours that week. Like it was my fault.

On Sunday 6/28/09 I showed up for my regular shift, my manager was at the store. She asked me again what had happened and I told her. I also told her if I knew she was going to be there I would have brought all of the paperwork. She then told me she assumed I had quit and did not have me on the schedule. I asked her why she would assume that after I called everyday to give her updates and I was not scheduled on Friday night or Saturday. The only response I got was that she said she needed my keys, I said "oh so your firing me then?" She just gave me this look and I told her ok then, got my stuff out of my locker and left.

Shelly
Wheat Ridge, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2009 09:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FAMILY-DOLLAR/Arvada-Colorado-80002/FAMILY-DOLLAR-I-was-terminated-when-my-husband-was-in-the-hospital-Arvada-Colorado-468557. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FAMILY DOLLAR