Complaint Review: FAMILY DRYCLEANERS

• Updated: Wed, April 24, 2013

• Reported By: CN — Fairfax Virginia
FAMILY DRYCLEANERS
2792 Graham Road Falls Church, Virginia United States of America

FAMILY DRYCLEANERS The Drycleaners damaged my jacket but not want to to provide restitution for the damages. Falls Church, Virginia

On January 30, 2013, I came to the Family Drycleaners located at 2792 Graham Road, Falls Church, VA 22042, to drop off my dry cleaning, along with a white jacket (brand name BEBE). When I picked up my clothes and realized my jacket was no longer white, but a very dingy/dirty off white color. The dry cleaners had turned my jacket from white to something that now looked very old and they, somehow, had added dark spots and yellow lines. The brand name tag was also missing. On February 2, 2013, I came back the Family Drycleaners to show the manager and cashier the damages they had caused to my jacket. They said they would redo my jacket but when I came back on February 14, 2013 to pick up my jacket, all stains were not gone and now a button on my jacket was also missing. I asked the manager if the jacket could not be fixed, would the owner pay me for the damages that they had caused to my jacket. He said he would talk to the owner about what happened. Then February 15, 2013, I called the manager because I did not hear anything from him. The manager said the owner would not pay for the damage to my jacket if I could not produce the receipt of the original purchase of the jacket. I told him, I did not keep the jacket's receipt. He said I cannot claim the damage if I don't have the receipt of jacket. On Tuesday, February 19, 2013, I came to the Family Drycleaners to pick up my jacket. The fabric of the jacket is almost threadbare, there are more dark spots and yellow spots appear on the jacket and they did not replace the button.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2013 08:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FAMILY-DRYCLEANERS/Falls-Church-Virginia-22042/FAMILY-DRYCLEANERS-The-Drycleaners-damaged-my-jacket-but-not-want-to-to-provide-restituti-1045790. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FAMILY DRYCLEANERS