Complaint Review: FAMOUS POETS

• Submitted: Sat, July 14, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, July 24, 2007

• Reported By:Syracuse New York
FAMOUS POETS
P.O. BOZ 21 TALENT, Oregon U.S.A.

FAMOUS POETS, LAAVENDER AURORA (POETRY EDITOR) JOHN CAMPBELL, DR. KENNETH FAN AMERICAN POETSAND FAMOUS POETS INTERNATIONAL PERSONAL INVITATION RIPOFF TALENT Oregon

*Consumer Suggestion: Disregard ANY invitations from these (expletive deleted)s

I received a letter today7-15-07 that made my daughter very happy. In the letter it congatulated her on her poem HEART FULL OF TREASURE. It went on to invite her to convention where she was to receive recognition for her poem. and be presented with an award.

This company looks like it is out to destroy childrens dreams. Those people should be arrested for the turmoil that they put these people through. Is there anything we can do? My daughter will continue to write her poetry I hope.

I am very angry that this keeps happening. Eventhough she knows that her father and I will always beleive in her dreams. It crushes her to think that othars play with her emotions.

HELP TO PUT A STOP TO THIS COMPANY

Maryines
Syracuse, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2007 10:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FAMOUS-POETS/TALENT-Oregon-97540/FAMOUS-POETS-LAAVENDER-AURORA-POETRY-EDITOR-JOHN-CAMPBELL-DR-KENNETH-FAN-AMERICAN-POE-260836. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FAMOUS POETS

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I got one of those fake-o invitations to join the august company of THE POETS!

I wrote a serious poem and they offered me the sun,moon and stars to put it in an anthology. I then tried to find previously published anthologies of these poems and was unable to locate one. I surmised that PERHAPS they might have had a limited run with a Vanity Press printer.

So the NEXT time I got a fake-o invitation from them, I wrote a smutty little ditty that would embarrass Alan Ginsburg and Roth of the Adult Bookstore in the alley.

I still got the same fake letter offering me the sun, moon and stars to put it in an anthology when, in truth, it shouldn't and wouldn't have been put on a men's restroom wall. That's when I began to suspect that something was wrong here.

So I never gave them a dime and feel very sorry for these people who think they can BUY their way into being a GREAT POET.

Write your poems and go find your own vanity press publisher to make you a book, several books and market them yourself... You will be out a few hundred dollars but it will PROBABLY be more honest that thinking you will be in this amazing book with distinguished poets and scholars and be a PUBLISHED, FAMOUS AUTHOR of POEMS! You can google Vanity Press and see for yourself who publishes what and for how much, that's not my job to tell you.

#2 Consumer Suggestion