Complaint Review: FCCC

• Submitted: Mon, March 20, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, March 20, 2006

• Reported By:Groton Connecticut
FCCC
4850 N. State Road 7 Suite G104, Lauderdale Lakes, Florida U.S.A.

FCCC Ripoff Unethical Business Practices Lauderdale Lakes Florida

Oh how I wish I had found this website sooner! I have made a huge error in judgment. In December, I started having panic attacks and had tried to consolidate through my bank, but for some reason, they denied my request. So I started looking for debt consolidation companies, and came across Financial Debt Solutions/FCCC. What a mistake! They talked me into it, telling me I needed to pay my first paymenet of $465 by the end of December so it could be disbursed to my creditors and I wouldn't get behind (As I had never been behind before I joined with them). Come to find out later when FCCC contacted me that it was a deposit! Supposedly, FCCC sent out proposals to my creditors which my creditors never received. We contacted FCCC, and the proposals were sent out TWO more times...I personally called my creditors. Two had not ever received them, one had only agreed to drop the payment, not the interest rate (which makes me end up paying more, and FCCC suggested I pay them off myself), and the other (According to FCCC) was still processing the proposal. It has been three months, FCCC has been taking money and making half payments and I'm getting behind on my bills. My creditors have contacted me now several times saying that I'm late! This was supposed to help me, not hurt me! They told me I can't get my deposit back unless I successfully complete the program--how can you complete a program that never even started?! The proposals were never received/accepted! And Latrice (the representative we spoke to) was extremely rude and even hung up on my husband. After reading all of the posts on here, I now know I am not alone, and I am definintely all for an action suit and will help in any way I can to make sure this company doesn't keep this up. I'm going to be contacting the BBB as well as the Attorney General...Also, I saw someone mention that FCCC is not licensed in Maine. I am going to look into seeing if they are licensed in Connecticut at all.

Lauren
Groton, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2006 04:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FCCC/Lauderdale-Lakes-Florida-33319/FCCC-Ripoff-Unethical-Business-Practices-Lauderdale-Lakes-Florida-182291. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FCCC