Complaint Review: FCNB Bank

• Submitted: Mon, September 27, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, September 27, 2004

• Reported By:Bronx New York
FCNB Bank
P.O. Box 2210 Portland, Oregon U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

FCNB Bank ripoff Someone Illegally has an account in my name. victim of Identity Theft I saw it for the first time on my credit report, not able to contact anyone to make them aware that this isn't my account. Portland Oregon

*Consumer Suggestion: Notify Them Via Certified Mail

Basically I found this company(FCNB)on my credit report and I have never had an account with this company.

I decided to call to make them aware of this and I was given the run around.

Everytime I called the automated service wanted me to enter an account number in which I obviously dont have and then it would hang up on me.

So I was not able to actually speak to someone.

I recently found out that I had been a victim of Identity Theft and all Im trying to do is rectify this situation but it makes it very hard to do so when a company just swares you off.

Victoria
Bronx, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2004 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FCNB-Bank/Portland-Oregon-97208/FCNB-Bank-ripoff-Someone-Illegally-has-an-account-in-my-name-victim-of-Identity-Theft-I-s-110296. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FCNB Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Notify Them Via Certified Mail

AUTHOR: S.n. - (U.S.A.)

You need to write to this company, certified mail return receipt requested, and notify them that this is not your account and that you have been a victim of identity theft. Do not give them any of your personal information. Copy everything, including the certified mail receipts and send that to the credit bureau, advising them that you are disputing this item on your credit report. Good luck.