Complaint Review: FCNB Card Processing Center

• Submitted: Tue, December 09, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, December 09, 2003

• Reported By:Cincinnati Ohio
FCNB Card Processing Center
P.O. Box 9204 Old Bethpage, New York U.S.A.

FCNB Card Processing Center Interest rate increase ripoff Old Bethpage New York

As a former Spiegel/Newport News customer, I am a ripoff victim of FCNB/Card Processing. It was by accident that I found out of the bankuptcy procedures for FCNB/Spiegel. I was informed by FCNB that I could no longer make purchases using my Spiegel Charge.

At that point I made no attempts to buy anything and continued to pay the balance on time to FCNB. In June I made an early July payment because I was going on vacation. Before my departure the payment came back as undeliverable, I resent the payment thinking the payment coupon shifted and the address couldn't be read. In the meantime I received a bill from Card Processing with a late fee of $35.00.

I immediately questioned what was Card Processing and for what company. Well it turns out to be FCNB. I began to notice that not only were late fees added to my account but the interest rate increased from an already high 22.6% to 27.6% I have written numerous letters to Card Processing and I keep getting their generic letters back, one went so far as to tell me that "at this time, they had no special program that I qualified for". I had not asked for a special program, I want to know why I am paying an outrageous interest rate on a closed account.

I have since filed a complaint with the New York Attorney General office. Those of you with open accounts or closed accounts with FCNB/Card Processing should look over that interest rate, you could or have been ripped-off with an 5% or better interest rate increase.

Cincinnati, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2003 10:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FCNB-Card-Processing-Center/Old-Bethpage-New-York-11804/FCNB-Card-Processing-Center-Interest-rate-increase-ripoff-Old-Bethpage-New-York-74521. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FCNB Card Processing Center