Complaint Review: FCNB First Consumers National Bank

• Submitted: Thu, November 06, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, December 05, 2003

• Reported By:Effort Pennsylvania
FCNB First Consumers National Bank
9310 SW Gemini Dr Beaverton, Oregon U.S.A.

FCNB ripoff company I will not pay another penny! Now why if a company is bankrupt and no longer in business should we pay money? Beaverton Oregon

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Don'T BLAME FCNB - Blame the source

*Consumer Comment: I have sick of this company if we don't do something who will.

I too have had a problem with FCNB. Early this past spring I got a notice that my account ws closed and FCNB no longer handled it. I didn't get a bill for almost 2 months and didn't know where to send a payment. At that time I tried to find out any info I could on the internet and ended up finding this site. I had read many others complaints and how some were not even going to pay their bills. I also found out that they went bankrupt.

Now why if a company is bankrupt and no longer in business should we pay money to another company that doesn't deserve that money? That's like giving them FREE money! I had since done what others said and stopped paying only after I had finally got a bill and had many fees taked on.

I have not paid this outside company in over 7 months and it has not gone on my credit. I have received a couple of copies of my report and still nothing. It just states that my acct. with FCNB was been closed by the consumer.

I do get calls from this OTHER outside company trying to get the money but I don't answer. They didn't sell me anything to deserve the money from me and I didn't appreciate them tacking on all the fees they did when they had the change over.

Cynthia
Poconos, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2003 07:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FCNB-First-Consumers-National-Bank/Beaverton-Oregon/FCNB-ripoff-company-I-will-not-pay-another-penny-Now-why-if-a-company-is-bankrupt-and-no-71211. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FCNB First Consumers National Bank

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Don'T BLAME FCNB - Blame the source

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

SPIEGEL (Eddy Bauer, Newport News)

The bank WAS full of hard working and dedicated employees from the mid management level down. The parent company, Spiegel, had a plan/project several years ago to get rid of the bank. Through micro management, disregard of Federal Regulations, ignoring and trying sidestep the OCC (Federal government), and possible violations of federal Regulations the parent company; Spiegel aka The Otto Company in Germany achieved this.

As of several months ago another bank is responsible for all the accounts. If you have a compliant blame Siegel and by all means I would suggest filing a compliant with the Federal government: The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) charters, regulates, and supervises national banks to ensure a safe, sound, and competitive banking system that supports the citizens, communities, and economy of the United States.

Customer.Assistance@occ.treas.gov

I have sick of this company if we don't do something who will.

AUTHOR: Deanna - (U.S.A.)

I recently saw that the company no longer has a web page I then found this through yahoo. I am currently being charged late fees when my bill is on time. I am being charged overlimit fees because they have proceeded to let my account get over. I have sent payments they are coming back to me. I have sick of this company if we don't do something who will.