Complaint Review: FCNB, First Consumers National Bank

• Submitted: Sat, September 16, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, September 16, 2006

• Reported By:los angeles California
FCNB, First Consumers National Bank
NONE , Nationwide, Canada, Internet U.S.A.

FCNB, First Consumers National Bank Account MYSTERIOUSLY Disappears Within The Last 15 Days Of Accessing My Account Online ripoff, irresponsible, unprofessional Also A Mystery Nationwide, Internet, Canada

I opened a credit card account (with a pretty substantial limit) with First Consumers National Bank (FCNB) a few years ago - kept my account in excellent condition only to have my account closed, sold with an unjustified and ridiculously high APR attached to it when FCNB went bankrupt. Customer service was NO help and I was lost. Since the closure, I have been making significant payments online and on time to payoff the account and have not had any problems until today- As of today I am UNABLE to access my account online or by phone. The last time I accessed my account online was on August 30 and made a payment in the amount of $226 and received email confirmation on Sept 8th. Today I tried to log on to my account several times and received this error message "We could not find any records matching your input. Please try again" I tried to log on many times- carefully putting the numbers in ( and have not been successful. I have made payments online for YEARS using the same information and now I am unable to do so. I thought it was a problem with the website so I called customer service numbers -when I entered my card number and last 4 digits of my SS# it gave me the error message "the number you have entered is not valid" and hung up on me. After calling several times, it simply doesn't let me enter any numbers now and hangs up on me. It has been 8 days since I received the email correspondence from FCNB I can't imagine how my account can simply disappear so quickly! I am at a loss because I cannot speak to a live person and have no idea who to contact about this problem. I found information about another bank that is handling these accounts on the FCNB website www.cardaccessservices.net/account/faq.php First National Bank of Omaha 888-530-3626 -I spoke with someone there who also couldn't find my account in the system. She advised me to contact the major credit bureaus to report fraudulent activity and protect my account. I have also filed a report this company to the Better Business Bureau. I believe there is a class action suit out there but I am not sure how to participate. I found this link - www.occ.treas.gov/toolkit/newsrelease.aspx?Doc=CR79N6BX.xml perhaps it will lead us in the right direction.

Judi
los angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2006 12:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FCNB-First-Consumers-National-Bank/Nationwide-Canada-Internet/FCNB-First-Consumers-National-Bank-Account-MYSTERIOUSLY-Disappears-Within-The-Last-15-Day-211331. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FCNB, First Consumers National Bank