Complaint Review: FCNB First Consumers National Bank

• Submitted: Wed, May 05, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, May 11, 2004

• Reported By:fort bragg North Carolina
FCNB First Consumers National Bank
PO BOX 422788 Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

FCNB First Consumers National Bank ripoff fradulent late fees and over limit fees scam Norcross Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: Reality... Two problems... if you stopped payment, someone gave you a bad suggestion!

I opened an account with FCNB about 6 years ago, and things were ok at first. Then I started to get late fees which would cause my account to go over the limit. I was sending my payments in 2 weeks before the due date and was told by FCNB to send the payments in by 3 day mail.

After I did that and still got charged late fees they told me that because the payments were not sent in the original envelope they had two weeks to begin processing the payment after they recieved it.

I continued to make payments and some months I was not charged late fees, but most months I was. At one point I made payments for about 3 years without putting any new charges on the account, and my account was still "over the limit".

I finally got fed up about 5 months ago and quit making payments all together. These fradulent charges have been reported to the credit bureaus and they even reported it on my husbands credit report because he was an authorized user on my account.

I know they have done this to many more people and I desperately want to clear my and my husband's name. I encourage anyone who has been ripped off by FCNB to come forward. If you know of anything that can be done to clear my name and disassociate myself from FCNB please let me know.

Ginger
fort bragg, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2004 03:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FCNB-First-Consumers-National-Bank/Norcross-Georgia/FCNB-First-Consumers-National-Bank-ripoff-fradulent-late-fees-and-over-limit-fees-scam-Nor-90339. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FCNB First Consumers National Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Scot - (U.S.A.)

If you were late with your payment you'd get assessed a fee. Make your payments on-line to
assure you pay on or before the due date.

If you were over your limit, you need to include
the overlimit amount in your payment to keep additional fees from hitting your account.

Your best bet now would be to contact NFCC for
some assistance. They are a credit counseling service, you might get a better interest rate and stop the fees...

Good Luck