Complaint Review: FCNB - First Consumers National Bank

• Submitted: Mon, July 19, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, July 28, 2004

• Reported By:Lindenhurst New York
FCNB - First Consumers National Bank
P.O Box 2638 Omaha, Nebraska U.S.A.

FCNB ripoff CHARGES OVERLIMIT FEES BEFORE ACCOUNT HAS CYCLED Omaha Nebraska

*Consumer Suggestion: Statement Details

*Consumer Comment: What internet address???

I would just like to say that FCNB chares overlimit fees on payments that have not be paid for the current month in question.

I understand that late/overlimit fees are charged to accounts once they have cycled for the month (and show up on the next bill). So why do they continue to charge me a overlimit fee before I have paid my bill for the month (they don't know how much I am going to pay!).

The internet balance that I see is always different from the statement balance that I have received in the mail. This SHOULD typically happen after an account has cycled, but not with this company. You think you are paying on the current balance, when in fact you may be paying on the balance that already includes the fees for the next month, therefore keeping you in a cycle of overlimit/late fees.

FCNB IS VERY DECEPITIVE IN THEIR PRACTICES!

Sherrie
Lindenhurst, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2004 08:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FCNB-First-Consumers-National-Bank/Omaha-Nebraska-68103/FCNB-ripoff-CHARGES-OVERLIMIT-FEES-BEFORE-ACCOUNT-HAS-CYCLED-Omaha-Nebraska-99534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FCNB - First Consumers National Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Statement Details

AUTHOR: Scot - (U.S.A.)

Amber -

Look at your next monthly statement, they normally print a website address for making payments. YOU might also call the telephone number on the statement and have the automated line give you the web address.

Sherrie -
You might want to double check your payment posting date, and the due date. Try paying via the website, you can assure the payment posts by the due date... eliminating any late fee.

Good Luck

AUTHOR: Amber - (U.S.A.)

I was just wondering what internet address you see your balance on? I have been unable to find one and there is not one listed on the statement. My original purchase was from Gateway.....how can I pay online to FCNB??