Complaint Review: FCNB, First Consumers National Bank

• Submitted: Tue, August 12, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, August 13, 2003

• Reported By:El Cajon California
FCNB, First Consumers National Bank
PO Box 2210, Portland, Oregon U.S.A.

FCNB, First Consumers National Bank Bogus over the limit fees and late charges! consumer fraud ripoff Portland Oregon

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact Info For FCNB

Dear Bad Business Bureau --

I too am writing about FCNB, First Consumers National Bank. This company is missing in action and charging me fees on top of fees. I too received a letter in January of this year (2003) from FCNB. The letter was a notice that indicated that I was no longer to use my card past a certain date. I have excellent credit with them and they had just raised my credit limit another $400.00 last November (2002). I stopped using the card and I have always sent payments well over the amount due. Often times I send two payments in the same month (this assures that I am ahead - or so I thought). In March my mother had open-heart surgery and I did not send in my payment. I received a notice that my payment was late but never in my wildest dreams did I expect what came next.

My due dates fall on the 3rd of the month. When I originally received the card I called the company to arrange for a different due date since I did not get paid until the 5th of each month, however customer service said that there would be no problems since they had a ten day grace period. This gave me until the 13th of each month. My payments usually posted on or about the 7th or 8th of each month. Since my mother had fallen ill and I was taking care of her I was not paying much attention to my bills except to pay them. However, my balance has skyrocketed over my limit and I have been charged regularly for an over the limit fee of $35.00 and an additional $35.00 each month in late charges.

The customer service line (1-800-876-3262) is a recorded bill paying service now. Their website, www.fcnb.com, is no longer working. I have sent letters but no reply to date. I am a good customer and I care a great deal about my credit. What do I do?

Kimberly
El Cajon, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2003 03:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FCNB-First-Consumers-National-Bank/Portland-Oregon-97208-2210/FCNB-First-Consumers-National-Bank-Bogus-over-the-limit-fees-and-late-charges-consumer-f-65644. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FCNB, First Consumers National Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Contact Info For FCNB

AUTHOR: Shawna - (U.S.A.)

You can view your account and make payments on your FCNB account at www.cardmemberservices.net, the site also has info on how to contact a representative by phone.