Complaint Review: FCNB - Newport News

• Submitted: Mon, May 17, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, May 17, 2004

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
FCNB - Newport News
PO BOX 5811 Hicksville, New York U.S.A.

FCNB - Newport News ripoff, dishonest, unhelpful Hicksville New York

I have had an account with FCNB through Newport News for years. I recieved a statement telling me mt account would now be handled through FCNB Card Processing Center and that Newport News had terminated their relationship with FCNB. I continued to send payments now to the new company.

I moved and tried to find a contact number to report my address change, I could not. I tried to write a letter and recieved no response. At that point I was no longer recieving a statement but continued to send a payment monthly so as not to recieve a bad credit report. On that last statement I owed $1,100.00.

I finally found a contact number on the internet and called to let them know of the trouble, they changed my address but said they could not help me with the problem I had with my new balance of $1,647.70. They said that all complaints were handled through the mail, I reminded her that I had continued to send a payment with no statement and that I found it strange that my balance would increase that much. I wanted help and found none.

I think this is highly unfair to consumers to be treated this way. I did write the letter and their response was I had gone over my credit limit and that they could not rewiew the fees and charges until I paid it down to the limit. I would not be over my limit had it not been for their complete lack of good customer sercice. Please help if you have any ideas on how to handle this unfair situation. THANK YOU.

Christina
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2004 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FCNB-Newport-News/Hicksville-New-York-11802/FCNB-Newport-News-ripoff-dishonest-unhelpful-Hicksville-New-York-91795. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FCNB - Newport News