Complaint Review: FCNB-Newport News

• Submitted: Mon, February 16, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, February 16, 2004

• Reported By:lawrenceville Georgia
FCNB-Newport News
P.O. Box 9204 Old Bethpage, New York U.S.A.

FCNB-Newport News ripoff Old Bethpage New York

I had an account with Newport News for over 2 Years. During this time I have never received a late payment from them. As a matter of fact, my original credit limit of $400 was increased to $1100 over time, due to my on time payments. Around June of last year, I received notice that my account was being closed. I didn't understand why, but found out that the company filed for bankruptcy. Then, I started receiving statements from Card Processing Center, with a new account number. That's when the nightmare started. The last statement I received from FCNB, my balance was around $199. Now, every month this Card Processing Center has charged my account a $35 late fee almost every month. My balance is now more than it was before they took it over. When trying to call to find out why this was happening, I was advised they did not have a customer service area that handles complaints, nor did they have a supervisor or manager to speak with. I was simply told, all they do is process payments. I really do not want to mail any additional payments out, but I fear this will wind up a mess to fix in the end. If there is a class action suit pending somewhere, I would love to make sure my name is attached to it. If someone out there has any information, please advise.

lawrenceville, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2004 08:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FCNB-Newport-News/Old-Bethpage-New-York-11804/FCNB-Newport-News-ripoff-Old-Bethpage-New-York-80577. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FCNB-Newport News