Complaint Review: FCNB - Newport News

• Submitted: Thu, December 18, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, December 18, 2003

• Reported By:Liverpool Pennsylvania
FCNB - Newport News
Portland, Oregon Portland, Oregon U.S.A.

FCNB - Newport News will not send a report of supposed charges and fees Portland Oregon

I have contacted FCNB repeatedly to get a statement of my account, of which the balance has grown considerably. They did not respond to my first two letters. After I called them and sent a third letter, they responded that I would have to pay $5 a page to receive information on my account. Since then I have received a letter and phone call with a deal to pay off my account at $300 less than the amount due. I do not think I even owe this much.

However, I do not know because I have not received a statement from them in six months! Most months I would receive a statement saying that no payment was due that month, only to receive late fees the next month. I am tempted to just settle the account with the lesser amount deal that they are offering and just be done with it. But then again, why should I pay for charges that are not even real. Is anyone else in this same situation? Anyone have any suggestions? What can you do when you just get the run-around everytime you call them, and they will not respond to your mail?

Frustrated
Liverpool, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2003 07:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FCNB-Newport-News/Portland-Oregon/FCNB-Newport-News-will-not-send-a-report-of-supposed-charges-and-fees-Portland-Oregon-75223. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FCNB - Newport News